security asked me to leave, but I stayed. About noon the security was back and asked me to leave, ready to hand me over to the police. - Olvar
"I arrived in early afternoon. I had a train to Cassablanca in two days, so I planned to try to sleep at this airport, sitting down in the lobby. People asking me where I am going, was I poor etc. security asked me to leave, but I stayed. One in kiosk offered m food and something to drink, juice. At night, some cleaners offered me a madras to sleep on. So I did, and slept well right inside the doors... About noon the security was back and asked me to leave, ready to hand me over to the police... I hurry went outside to an expensive taxi. Only transport to Rabat- Sale is expensive black taxi, or special hotel coaches. But no regular airport transport."
Have you been to Rabat Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Convives de Marque Lounge - Location: Airside, near IDFS. Hours: opens 90 minutes before the first flight and closes after the last departure. Lounge Access: unknown.
WiFi is available at Rabat Airport in the departure lounge.
If sleeping in the Rabat Airport does not appeal to you, there are no hotels at the airport to seek refuge. The nearest hotels are:
- Le Dawliz Hotel & Spa (7km)
- Riad A La Belle Etoile - airport shuttle available for extra charge
- Riad Marlinea
- ATM / Cash Machine - Location: Landside
- Children's Play Areas - Information not available
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food & Drinks -
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Information not available
- Prayer Room - Location: outside the terminal
- Showers - Information not available
- Smoking Lounge - Yes
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
Airport Transportation: To/From The Airport
- Car Rentals - Yes, in the Arrivals Hall.
- Public Transportation - Unknown
- Taxi - Taxis are located outside the Arrivals Hall. Set rates are posted in the public hall. According to the airport's web site current rates are: Downtown Rabat (150DH) and Salt (100DH).
If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, post a question on our Facebook Page. If you post a question, remember to mention the airport or nobody will understand what you are asking about.
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Rabat Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Rabat Travel Resources
- Tripadvisor - search for Rabat hotel deals, check availability and read traveller reviews.
Last Updated: 24 April 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.