Rabat Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Rabat Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
security asked me to leave, but I stayed. About noon the security was back and asked me to leave, ready to hand me over to the police. - Olvar
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Salé Airport.
What to Expect
- A bright and modern single-terminal international airport with clean facilities and a small variety of shopping and dining options.
- Fast and efficient airport procedures, including security checkpoints!
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- If you sleep landside, there are small circular one-person benches located around the support pillars, along with power outlets. To sleep airside, you must show your boarding pass and go through customs and security checkpoints. Once airside, you will find a three padded chairs, a power outlets and some TV’s near Gates 1 and 2. Another spot to check out is the area opposite the Duty Free shop, with a few small couches, but no power outlet and in a busy part of the terminal.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Rabat Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Rabat airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Convives de Marque Lounge - Location: Airside, near IDFS. Lounge Access: unknown
WiFi is available at Rabat Airport in the lounges.
If sleeping in Rabat Airport does not appeal to you, there are no hotels at the airport to seek refuge. The nearest hotels are:
- Le Dawliz Hotel & Spa - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($).
- Riad A La Belle Etoile - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available for 200 Dhs (for up to 4 people).
- Riad Marlinea - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request for 18,00 € each way to/from Rabat Airport and to/from Casablanca Airport for 65,00€ each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Rabat Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATM / Cash Machine - There are 3 banks providing ATM’s located Landside, Arrivals area.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available in two locations in addition to a small selection of souvenir type shops.
- Fast Track Service - As part of the lounge service (Convives de Marque Lounge), customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: included with the lounge entrance fees.
- Food & Drinks - There is a cafe/bar both before and after security.
- Medical Care - First aid is available 24 hours.
- Mobile Charging - Yes
- Prayer Room - Location: outside the terminal
- Smoking Lounge - Yes
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Yes, in the Arrivals Hall.
Taxis are located outside the Arrivals Hall. Set rates are posted in the public hall. According to the airport's web site current rates are: Downtown Rabat (150DH) and Salt (100DH).
Last Updated: 24 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.