Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Rabat Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
security asked me to leave, but I stayed. About noon the security was back and asked me to leave, ready to hand me over to the police. – Olvar
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Salé Airport.
What to Expect
- A bright and modern single-terminal international airport with clean facilities and a small variety of shopping and dining options.
- Fast and efficient airport procedures, including security checkpoints!
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- If you sleep landside, there are small circular one-person benches located around the support pillars, along with power outlets.
- To sleep airside, you must show your boarding pass and go through customs and security checkpoints. Once airside, you will find a three padded chairs, a power outlets and some TV’s near Gates 1 and 2. Another spot to check out is the area opposite the Duty Free shop, with a few small couches, but no power outlet and in a busy part of the terminal.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Pearl Lounge (Departures) – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Ground Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Pearl Lounge (Arrivals) – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: open 24 hours. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Rabat Airport does not appeal to you, there are no hotels at the airport to seek refuge. The nearest hotels are:
- Le Dawliz Hotel & Spa – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($). » Check Rates
- Riad A La Belle Etoile – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available. for 200 Dhs (for up to 4 people). » Check Rates
- Riad Marlinea – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request for 18,00 € each way to/from Rabat Airport and to/from Casablanca Airport for 65,00€ each way. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Rabat Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Rabat Airport in the lounges.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, Arrivals area.
Baggage Trolleys – Available. Location and fees are unknown.
Banking Services – There are 3 banks operating at the airport (landside, Arrivals Hall) that may be of assistance for currency exchange services.
Currency Exchange – Foreign currency counters are available at the airport. Locations: unknown.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available in two locations in addition to a small selection of souvenir type shops.
Fast Track Service – As part of the lounge service (Convives de Marque Lounge), customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: included with the lounge entrance fees.
Food & Drinks – There is a cafe/bar both before and after security.
Medical Care – First aid is available 24 hours.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – Yes
Prayer Room – Location: outside the terminal
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Showers are available inside one of the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
Smoking Lounge – Yes
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of March 2018, Rabat airport is served by the following airlines: Air France • Royal Air Maroc • Ryanair • Etihad Airways • TUIFly.
The airport is served by buses that meet daily flights. At the time of this January 2018 update, no further information is known.
Car rental counters can be found in the Arrivals Hall. The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Air Car, E Boking Car, France Car, Herzt, Location Auto, Marloc, Rabat Cartour and Scalavis.
Taxis are located outside the Arrivals Hall. Set rates are posted in the public hall. As of this January 2018 update, sample rates are: Downtown Rabat (150DH) and Salt (100DH).
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.