Tunis Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Tunis Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
throughout the night I tried to sleep, sitting mostly upright in a hard plastic chair. The highpoint of the night was a half hour I spent chatting with a couple of the cleaning staff - Dale
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Tunis–Carthage Airport.
What to Expect
- A spacious and modern single-terminal airport with two floors and a limited selection of shops and restaurants.
- WiFi is available. See Airport WiFi in the airport guide below.
- No designated smoking areas. Travelers and workers smoke almost anywhere in the airport terminal!
- Dinars are not accepted by any of the shops or restaurants airside, so be sure to change your money beforehand.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
- Several reviewers warn about taking taxis, describing the drivers as menacing and aggressive. Do not accept rides from taxis with broken meters, and insist on using the meter during your journey!
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Tunis Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Salon VIP (Arrivals Lounge) - Location: Airside, Arrivals Hall, Ground Floor. Hours: Open 24 Hours.
- Salon VIP (Departures Lounge) - Location: Airside, Departures Hall, 1st Floor. Hours: Open 24 Hours.
WiFi is available at Tunis Airport in the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
If sleeping in Tunis Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Paris Concorde - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Les Berges du Lac Concorde - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Dar El Yasmine - (8 min from the airport) Airport transfer service is available upon request, 15,00€ each way unless the service is used between 8:00PM and 6:30AM then it is 20,00€. If you use the service to and from the airport you receive a 5,00€ discount.
- Ibis Tunis - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Tunis Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - Yes (landside and airside)
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Shopping & Duty Free - Yes
- Showers - not available
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Budget • Avis • Sixt • Hertz. Location: counters are located in the Arrivals Hall.
The SNT buses departs every 30 minutes to the Tunis city center. Tickets cost approx. 1 dinar. The TUT buses depart every 15 minutes. Tickets are more expensive as the buses are more luxurious. Rates: unknown.
The taxi stand is located outside the airport. Taxis are metered. You will also find drivers inside the Arrivals Hall, but they tend to be more expensive.
Last Updated: 02 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.