Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Tunis Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
throughout the night I tried to sleep, sitting mostly upright in a hard plastic chair. The highpoint of the night was a half hour I spent chatting with a couple of the cleaning staff – Dale
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Tunis–Carthage Airport.
What to Expect
- A spacious and modern single-terminal airport with two floors and a limited selection of shops and restaurants.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
- Dinars are not accepted by any of the shops or restaurants airside, so be sure to change your money beforehand.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Several reviewers warn about taking taxis, describing the drivers as menacing and aggressive. Do not accept rides from taxis with broken meters, and insist on using the meter during your journey!
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Salon VIP Arrivals Lounge – Location: Airside, Arrivals Hall, Ground Floor. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
- Salon VIP Departures Lounge – Location: Airside, Departures Hall, 1st Floor. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Tunis Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Les Berges du Lac Concorde – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel Paris Concorde – (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Tunis Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Tunis Airport in the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: unknown.
Currency Exchange – Available for departing and arriving passengers. There is also a bank at the airport which may be of assistance.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty free is available.
Food & Drinks – The airport offers restaurants, bars and cafes both landside and airside. At the time of this update it was not known if any are open 24 hours.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking – The airport is non-smoking with the exception of designated smoking areas.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide and we will update this airport guide.
As of March 2018, Tunis airport is served by the following airlines: Tunisair • Air France • Saudia • EgyptAir • Lufthansa • Alitalia • Air Canada • Turkish Airlines • Qatar Airways • Royal Jordanian • Royal Air Maroc • Air Algerie • Emirates.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Avis • Budget • Sixt • Hertz. Location: counters are located in the Arrivals Hall.
The SNT buses departs every 30 minutes to the Tunis city center. As of this January 2018 update, tickets cost approx. 1 dinar. The TUT buses depart every 15 minutes. Tickets are more expensive as the buses are more luxurious. Rates: unknown.
The taxi stand is located outside the airport. Taxis are metered. You will also find drivers inside the Arrivals Hall, but they tend to be more expensive.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.