Bangalore (Bengaluru) Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bangalore Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The new Bengauluru airport is a nice thing to happen at last!
photo credit: Kprateek88 / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Bangalore Airport.
What to Expect
- This is a large, very modern, brand new airport that is easy to navigate. This airport is only a few years old, and is one of the busiest in India.
- Your experience at this airport will depend on whether you are traveling on an international or domestic flight. This airport has few international flights, so you can expect short or no waits at check-in and security, while domestic passengers most likely will be waiting in long lines at both.
- Check-in is on the lower floor and departure gates are on the upper floor.
- Travellers report clean facilities, though a few people mentioned that some toilets may require coins to operate.
- Several eateries and bars are open 24-hours, mostly airside in the International departures area.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Head to the Airside for sleeping areas - there aren’t too many overnight departures so it is much quieter than Landside.
- For uninterrupted sleep, several hotels are located nearby, and some have day room availability. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in a few airport lounges; showers are available in some. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bangalore Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Bengaluru airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Day Hotel by Plaza Premium Lounge - The day hotel offers 20 rooms and a lounge area. Location: Domestic Departures Terminal, Level 2, near check-in counter #1. Lounge packages are available (INR 1,000 for 2 hours). Showers packages are available (from INR 500). Day room packages start with a minimum 3 hour stay. (Single Rooms: INR 2,500 - 3 hours • INR 3,500 - 6 hours • INR 500 - each additional hour. Studio: INR 3,500 - 3 hours • INR 4,500 - 6 hours • INR 1,000 - each additional hour. Family Suite: INR 5,000 - 3 hours • INR 6,000 - 6 hours • INR 1,500 - each additional hour.).
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Domestic Departures, Airside, Level 1, Mezzanine, near Gate 2. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (INR 1200 or INR 2400 for 2 or 5 hours) • Book Online (US$ 18 - 3 hours or US$ 36 - 6 hours)
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, International Departures, Airside, Level 1, near Gate 18. Showers are available for an additional fee. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (INR 1800 or INR 3000 for 2 or 5 hours) • Book Online (US$ 27 - 3 hours / US$ 45 - 6 hours / US$ 63 - 12 hours)
- Above Ground Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Domestic Departures, opposite Gate 3, Mezzanine Level. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door
- Above Ground Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Level 1, near Gate 18. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door
Additionally, Kingfisher Airlines, Jet Airways, Air India, and Oberoi Group have private lounges that are members or elite status flyers only.
Free WiFi is available at Bengaluru airport. After registering, a password will be sent to your mobile phone.
If sleeping in Bangalore Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Day Hotel by Plaza Premium - Day Hotel is a convenient place to relax during a long layover or get sleep before an early morning flight departure. Open only to passengers with onward boarding passes or flight tickets, Day Hotel has single, twin-share, bunk-style and family rooms with ensuite facilities and access to free WiFi, the Plaza Premium lounge, a private restaurant and full-service spa for hotel guests only. Single room rates start at INR 2,500 for up to 3 hours or INR 3,500 for up to 6 hours, with additional hours at INR 500 per hour. Higher rates apply for all other room types. Shower packages start at INR 400. Location: Terminal 1, Level 2, Domestic Departures near Check-In Counter 1. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Taj Bangalore - (300m or 10 min walk from the airport) Airport transfer service is available upon request, INR 500 each way.
- Hotel Presidency - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers available for INR 450 each way. Day rooms available for use, INR 1800 + taxes per single person for any four hours within 6:00AM to 6:00PM
- Fantasy Golf Resort - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request, rates depend on if you require round-trip, drop-off or pick-up and also the type of vehicle ordered.
- Clarks Exotica - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfer service available upon request, INR 600 each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bangalore Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: Arrivals Halls and Curbside
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available in multiple locations throughout International Departures and Arrivals. A small variety of retail shops are available in both International and Domestic Departures.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Bar (International, airside, Level 1, Gate 18) • Bar 380 (International, airside, Level 1, Gate 21) • Cafe Coffee Day (Level 0, Departure Hall, near Dep Gate 4)(Level 0, Arrival Hall, near Red Channel)(Plaza Area, opposite Airport Bus Stop) • Cafe Noir (location unknown) • Chai Point (landside) • Hatti Kaapi (curbside opposite Arrival Gates 13 and 14) • Kaati Zone (curbside opposite Arrival Gates 13 and 14) • La Tapenade (International, airside, Level 1, opposite Duty Free Store) • Maiyas (location unknown) • Subway (location unknown) • Urban Food Market (International, airside, Level 1, near Gate 24) • 7 Tawas (International, airside, Level 1, Gate 18)
- Luggage Storage - Luggage can be stored for up to five days at the Left Luggage storage facility in the airport. Photo ID or passport, copy of flight ticket or boarding pass, and local address required. Rates start at Rs. 250 per standard-sized piece of luggage (minimum one hour). Higher rates apply for oversized luggage. Location: Arrival gates, near Kaati Zone Hours: unknown
- Showers - Showers are available in the Plaza Premium Lounge [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Spa & Salon Services - Reflexology, massage, manis, pedis and more are available at O2 Spa! Location: Domestic Departures Hours: unknown.
- Visitor Ticket - People who wish to enter the airport in order to meet and greet arriving friends and family can do so with the purchase of a visitor’s ticket, good for up to 2 hours from time of purchase. Visitor’s tickets cost Rs.100 and are sold curbside near the Arrivals Hall.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Flybus provides service from the airport to Mysore and Manipal. For more information, visit the Flybus website.
Vayu Vajra is a 24-hr bus service that connects the airport to Bangalore City via eleven different routes. For schedules, fares and more information, visit the Vayu Vajra web site.
Carzonrent and Akbar Travels are currently the only two rental car agencies at the airport.
Karnataka Taxi, MegaCabs and Meru Cabs are the official taxi service providers for the airport, providing safe and easy transportation to the Bangalore city area. Passengers can opt for non air-conditioned service or pay a slightly higher fare for an air-conditioned taxi.
At the time of this update, plans are underway to build a high speed rail link that will serve as a connection from the airport to Bangalore City
Last Updated: 15 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.