Calcutta Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Calcutta Airport Guide with i nfo on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
we slept sitting up. The lights remained on all night and we had to dawn our jackets (in India??) because the AC was quite cold. - Mur the Explorer
January 2014 - "Arrived at midnight to Kolkata Airport from Bangkok so along with many people, slept at the airport arrival lounge/main area. Security was tight with guards at every entrances checking all who entered. The new airport (completed end 2013) is super modern and clean and on par to airports you find in Europe. It's not a big airport but it has plenty of seats, drinking water fountain, 30 min free wifi, ATM. Also there's public buses (red Volvo bus) that goes from the airport to the city. There's hardly any shops around here to keep you occupied. There was no flight announcements all night which was a big bonus. Winter in Kolkata can be cold and there's no heating system in place to warm the place up (it is India after all). Overall a surprisingly comfortable, clean, safe place which the same can't be said of the city itself."
Have you been to Calcutta Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Calcutta airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Travel Club - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Mezzanine Level. Lounge Access: Book Online (£18.50) • Priority Pass.
- Clipper Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal Building, Airside, near Departure Gate 25. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Travel Club - Location: International Terminal, Airside - Mezzanine Level. Lounge Access: Book Online (£18.50) • Priority Pass.
Information not available
If sleeping in Calcutta Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Airways - Located across from the Domestic Terminal building outside of the airport area. Airport pick up is 200 Rs, but airport drop off is free.
- Airport City Hotel- (Less than 1 mile from the airport) Airport transfers available
- O2 Oxygen Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available
- Swissotel Kolkata - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers available
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Calcutta Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
There are also "retiring rooms" in the domestic and international terminals, but I don't have any additional details about this. I will add the info as soon as I receive it.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, in the International and Domestic Terminals.
- Car Rentals - Yes, in the International and Domestic Terminals.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, in the International Terminal.
- Food & Drinks - Yes, in the International and Domestic Terminals (airside and landside). At hte time of this update it was not known if there were any 24 hour food and beverage concessions available.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Yes, in the International and Domestic Terminals.
- Showers - Information not available
Information not available
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Calcutta Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Calcutta Travel Resources
- Tripadvisor - search Calcutta hotel deals, check availability and read traveller reviews.
Last Updated: 09 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.