Calcutta Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Calcutta Airport Guide with i nfo on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
we slept sitting up. The lights remained on all night and we had to dawn our jackets (in India??) because the AC was quite cold. - Mur the Explorer
By a Guest Reviewer
March 2015 - After the opening of the new terminal, things have changed overall right from the space, to the smooth flow of passengers to boarding, architecture, f&b outlets, travelletors, less queues, more boarding gates, almost silent, extra facilities added like sleeping dorms, child care rooms, smoking zone, ecarts to ferry senior citizens, quick check in kiosks, cleanliness has improved a lot. Areas of Improvement- More retail stores which are coming up and may take few months, trolleys should be available at all times, cleanliness needs to be maintained. More colours needs to be added to the facade as to make it look more lively.
Have you been to Calcutta Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Calcutta airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Travel Club - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Mezzanine Level. Lounge Access: Book Online (£18.50) • Priority Pass.
- Clipper Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal Building, Airside, near Departure Gate 25. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Travel Club - Location: International Terminal, Airside - Mezzanine Level. Lounge Access: Book Online (£18.50) • Priority Pass.
Information not available
If sleeping in Calcutta Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Airways - Located across from the Domestic Terminal building outside of the airport area. Airport pick up is 200 Rs, but airport drop off is free.
- Airport City Hotel- (Less than 1 mile from the airport) Airport transfers available
- O2 Oxygen Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available
- Swissotel Kolkata - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers available
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Calcutta Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
There are also "retiring rooms" in the domestic and international terminals, but I don't have any additional details about this. I will add the info as soon as I receive it.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, in the International and Domestic Terminals.
- Car Rentals - Yes, in the International and Domestic Terminals.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, in the International Terminal.
- Food & Drinks - Yes, in the International and Domestic Terminals (airside and landside). At hte time of this update it was not known if there were any 24 hour food and beverage concessions available.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Yes, in the International and Domestic Terminals.
- Showers - Information not available
Information not available
Last Updated: 09 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.