About This Airport:
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Chennai Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I got only smiles from them, as they saw me on my sleeping pad.
photo credit: Sodabottle / Wikimedia [ submit a photo ]
My domestic flight arrived at 7pm and with an international flight the next morning at 10 30am I decided I'd try to pass the night in the airport. Domestic arrivals was tiny so I ventured outside, killed time at India Post for internet and Cafe Coffee Day, then headed next door (same building) to the international terminal. Security would only let me into the Visitor's gallery because my departure wasn't within 3 hours. The gallery was cold and the chairs designed specifically with metal separators so you couldn't lie across. The gallery did, however, feel safe and there was a kiosk open and people around all night.
The last review for this airport was in 2011. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
The following lounges are available for all passengers:
- Maharaja Lounge - Location: Anna International Terminal - Offers Bar, Snack Counter, Business Centre, Music Centre, Television, Newspapers and Magazines, and Shower.
- Indian Airlines Lounge - Location: Kamaraj Domestic Terminal - Offers internet.
- Le Imperial Meridien - Location: Anna International Terminal
- Bica Lounge - Location: Anna International Terminal, Landside
- Clipper Lounge - Location: Anna International Terminal, Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Royal Lounge - Location: Anna International Terminal, Landside, 1st Floor. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Bica Lounge - Location: Kamraj Domestic Terminal, Landside
Free WiFi is available at the Chennai Airport in the lounges.
If sleeping in the Chennai Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport....
- Radisson Hotel GRT - shuttle service available
- Hilton Chennai - 15 minutes from the airport
- Radisson Blu - near the International airport.
- Showers - See Maharaja Lounge above
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Car Rentals - Information not available
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food / Dining - Information not available
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Information not available
- Showers - Information not available
Information not available
If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, post a question on our Facebook Page or email me and I will try to help (I can't make any promises though).
Chennai Travel Resources
- Chennai Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 22 June 2012
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.