Chennai Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Chennai Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Security would only let me into the Visitor's gallery because my departure wasn't within 3 hours. The gallery was cold and the chairs designed specifically with metal separators so you couldn't lie across. - sophcotton
By Scott P
August 2015 - Just hit a transfer here and originally was gonna spend 6 hours. Delays turned 6 into 10 hours. There is a really nice spot to sleep if you go to the end of the hall past gate 18. In a food court area there is a gazebo type structure with flat and padded seating great for laying out. It has an added bonus of charging spots right underneath your new bed. Enjoy!!
Have you been to Chennai Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Chennai airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Travel Club - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 3rd floor, opposite Gate 5. Hours: 4:00AM - 9:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£13.50) • Priority Pass.
- Port Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor. Lounge Access: to be advised
- Travel Club - Location: International Terminal, Airside, opposite Gates 11 to 14. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£18.50) • Priority Pass.
- Travel Club - Location: New International Terminal, Airside, 3rd floor VIP lounge level, opposite Gate 7. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£18.50) • Priority Pass.
Free WiFi is available at Chennai Airport in the lounges.
If sleeping in Chennai Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai - (Located less than 1.5 mile from the airport) Airport limo available for a fee
- Trident Chennai- (Located less than 2 miles from the airport) Airport transportation available for a fee
- Just Guest House - (10 min from the airport) Airport transportation available
The airport's web site states there are "retiring rooms". We don't know the rates, but a reader kindly gave us a bit more information. The reader tells us "Retiring rooms in Chennai Airport were available, you walk to the airport manager, show him your travel details and he would allow you a retiring room or a bed in the dormitory based on availability. Then you proceed to level 2. The airport managers office used to be in the ground floor next to the airline ticketing offices, with the renovation whether this is shifted I am not aware."
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Chennai Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Child Care Room - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Drinking Water - Yes, environmentally friendly cups area available.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Yes
- Luggage Trolleys - Yes
- Massages and Spa - Yes
- Mobile Charging - Yes
- Pharmacy - Yes
- Post Office - Yes
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 07 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.