Denpasar Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Denpasar Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I did have to wrap my head in a t-shirt so the mosquitoes didn't get me.
To help you plan your layover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Denpasar Airport.
What to Expect
- This small airport is divided into two terminals: a newer, L-shaped International Terminal, and an older, Domestic Terminal just next to the newer one. It takes about 10 minutes to walk between them.
- Expect more security screenings than normal. Security agents can be a bit aggressive.
- Weak air-conditioning can make your wait uncomfortable. Dress lightly to stay cool.
- It seems that one cafe in the International Terminal is open 24-hours.
- Good meals on the cheap can be found in an eatery just a 10-minute walk from the Domestic Terminal, in the corridor leading to the parking lot.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- This small airport is surprisingly sleep-friendly. Travellers report no issues from airport staff about staying overnight. The Domestic Terminal closes overnight, so head to the International Terminal.
- Plenty of seating and spaces to spread out - the small food court is where most travellers head.
- In the International Terminal, buy something at Cafe Bintang and you may have luck crashing on their couches overnight as other travellers have.
- There aren’t many late-night departures so there should be space for you to grab and sleep. It’s generally quiet at night.
- Some travellers mention mosquitoes, so come prepared.
- For uninterrupted sleep, several hotels are located at or near the airport; ask about airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in a few airport lounges; showers are available in most. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Denpasar Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Denpasar airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Sanur Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor.
- Premier Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, After Passport Control, 3rd Floor, near Gates 1 and 2. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (US$ 25 - 3 hours)
- Dewa Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, near Gates 7 & 8. Showers are available. . Lounge Access: US$ 40 per person.
- Parai Cyber Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, near Gates 7 - 9. Showers are available.
- Prada Priority Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, near Gate 7. Showers are available.
Free WiFi is available at Denpasar Airport.
If sleeping in Bali Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Novotel Bali Ngurah Rai Airport - Located at the airport between the International and Domestic Terminals. Day rates are available as follows: between the hours of 5:00AM - 10:00PM, you may stay to a maximum of 6 hours per stay for IDR 530.000 (King/twin which accomodates 2 adults and child under 16).
- Hilton Garden Inn Bali Ngurah Rai Airport - Located 500 meters from the airport. Free airport transfer is available upon request. Once confirmed, you simply head to arrivals where a representative with a paging board will meet you.
- Anika Melati Hotel and Spa - (15 min walk or 5 min drive from the airport) Airport shuttle is not available, expect taxi to cost 75,000 IDR.
- The Airport Kuta Hotel & Residences - (15 min walk or 5 min drive from the airport) Airport shuttle available for $18 one way (up to 4 people/car)
- Patra Jasa Bali Resort & Villas - (15 min walk or 5 min drive from the airport) Airport transfer is available upon request, IDR60,000 each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Denpasar Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rental - Yes, available at the airport.
- Currency Exchange - Available
- Food & Drinks - There are restaurants available at the airport however it is not known if any are open 24 hours.
- Information Desk - Available in the International and Domecti Terminals. Locations: unknown.
- Luggage Storage - Location: International Terminal, Landside.
- Shopping - There is Duty Free available at the airport. Hours: Not known.
- Showers - The lounges have showers. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
Travellers report that the Domestic Terminal closes at night, but the International Terminal stays open 24-hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 19 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.