In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Denpasar Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I did have to wrap my head in a t-shirt so the mosquitoes didn't get me.
by a Guest Reviewer
November 2014 - Me and my (4 friends) come back from Gili and dint want to stay in a hotel for our 7am trip, so we decided to head back to the airport. Main problem, we cannot access the migration office until early morning, so we waited outside, and did find that we were not the only ones with the problem. Some travellers were sleeping in the floor with their bags, but at the back end(near the coffee shop) there is long line of soft seats (talking about 100 meters), for an easy sleep and plenty on electrical plugs. The toilets were all clean with plenty of space to move around inside the toilet cabin. I did enjoy the stay here. Be aware that this part is open (no a/c), but is really open so it's really no necessary.
Have you been to Denpasar Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Denpasar airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Premier Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 3rd Floor, near Gates 1 and 2. Showers are available. Hours: 6am - 2am (Mon - Fri) • 6am - 4am (Sat & Sun). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online • Priority Pass.
- Sanur Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 530am - 1130pm.
- Dewa Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, near Gates 7 & 8. Showers are available. Hours: 5am - 12am. Lounge Access: US$ 40 per person.
- Parai Cyber Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, near Gates 7 - 9. Showers are available. Hours: 6am - 1am.
- Prada Priority Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, near Gate 7. Showers are available. Hours: 6am - 3am.
Free WiFi is available at Denpasar Airport.
If sleeping in Bali Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Novotel Bali Ngurah Rai Airport - Scheduled to open September 2015. Located at the airport via direct access from the Departures Hall.
- Hilton Garden Inn Bali Ngurah Rai Airport - Located 500 meters from the airport. Free airport shuttle bus
- Anika Melati Hotel and Spa - (15 min walk or 5 min drive from the airport) Airport shuttle available from 9am to 6pm
- The Airport Kuta Hotel & Residences - (15 min walk or 5 min drive from the airport) Airport shuttle available for $18 one way (up to 4 people/car)
- Patra Jasa Bali Resort & Villas - (15 min walk or 5 min drive from the airport) Airport shuttle available
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Denpasar Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
Information not available
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Denpasar Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Denpasar Travel Resources
- Tripadvisor - search Denpasar hotel deals, check availability and read traveller reviews.
Last Updated: 09 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.