Read more about this airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Denpasar Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the departure gates looked like it was old and smelled. Hopefully the new International Airport in 2013 will be better. - EnvyFX
"In total, I spent two nights here. The first, I arrived late by bus in Denpasar and didn't know where to go, because sleeping at the bus station with a lot of creepy guys seemed not like the best idea. So I paid a guy on a motorcycle to take me to the airport. There, you first have to pass the Terminal for all local departures which is quite crowded with Indonesians. Then you reach the Terminal for the international destinations. There are clean bathrooms and a McDonalds. The whole airport is open to the outside, but partly roofed. I spent the night on the floor next to another guy behind trolleys, and as it didn't get cold, I had a good night! There was security all the time that ignored me, so i didn't feel unsafe.
The second night i slept 100m on the right where I slept first, already outside on a nicely cut lawn of grass. It was very comfortable and soft, and there were no annoying insects. The only thing disturbing were the frequent announcements during the whole night. But all in all, it was a good experience! "
Have you been to Denpasar Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Denpasar airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Premier Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 3rd Floor, near Gates 1 and 2. Showers are available. Hours: 6am - 2am (Mon - Fri) • 6am - 4am (Sat & Sun). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online • Priority Pass.
- Sanur Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 530am - 1130pm.
- Dewa Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, near Gates 7 & 8. Showers are available. Hours: 5am - 12am. Lounge Access: US$ 40 per person.
- Parai Cyber Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, near Gates 7 - 9. Showers are available. Hours: 6am - 1am.
- Prada Priority Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, near Gate 7. Showers are available. Hours: 6am - 3am.
Free WiFi is available at Denpasar Airport.
If sleeping in the Denpasar Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport....
- Aston Inn Tuban - 4 minutes from the airport. Free airport transfer.
- Harris Tuban Bali - 5 minutes from the airport. Free roundtrip airport shuttle service.
- Bali Segara Hotel - 5 minutes from the airport. Airport transfers available.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Denpasar Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
Information not available
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Denpasar Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Denpasar Travel Resources
- Tripadvisor - search Denpasar hotel deals, check availability and read traveller reviews.
Last Updated: 02 June 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.