Dhaka Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Dhaka Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the upstairs transit area is the best area and completely different from the usual Asian chaos below. - poodlemark
By a Guest Reviewer
November 2014 - 1. When I got to immigration on arrival, there was 10 desks and 1 guy working, who was sound asleep. 2. Look back after you pass the desk - you will see they are all playing solitaire. There is often 3 people crowded around 1 computer too, as obviously they have no idea how to work it. 3. Don't try the toilets, terrible, plus you will have to climb over a mountain of random luggage that has been sent (without passenger) from the middle east, all wrapped in rope. 4. There are so many mosquitos, my friend actually contracted malaria from all the bites she got there. 5. Absolutely no climate control. Fan yourself with your immigration card while you wait in the giant line (see points 1 and 2) You would never dream of sleeping here - it just wouldn't even cross your mind.
Have you been to Dhaka Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Dhaka airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Ruposhi Bangla Hotel Balaka Executive Lounge - Location: Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Skylounge - Location: Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
Information not available
If sleeping in Dhaka Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Best Western Plus Maple Leaf - The closest hotel to the airport. Less than 2 minute drive from the airport. Free airport shuttle.
- Richmond Hotel & Suites - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Dhaka Regency Hotel & Resort - 3 minute drive from the airport. Airport van available on request.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Dhaka Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Food & Drinks - There are restaurants available at the airport however it is not known if any are open 24 hours.
- Prayer Rooms - Male and Female prayer rooms are available, exact location is not known.
- Shopping - There is Duty Free available at the airport. Hours: Not known.
- Showers - Showers are located inside the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
Information not available
Information not available.
Last Updated: 07 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.