Dhaka Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Dhaka Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the upstairs transit area is the best area and completely different from the usual Asian chaos below. - poodlemark
To help you plan your layover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Dhaka Airport.
What to Expect
- Many travellers have reported that airport staff and security have asked for handouts, bribes, etc., and some felt verbally harassed. This may be improving in the last 1-2 years.
- This is an old, small-time, chaotic airport with a few eateries but otherwise no services or amenities. It seems like there are a lot of security guards but the security is weak or non-existent.
- This small airport is divided into three terminals: T1 and T2 are international terminals and the third is the Domestic Terminal. They are easy to navigate.
- Travellers report poor and dirty bathroom facilities.
Where to Sleep
- We have very few reviews from travellers who have spent the night here. If you plan to spend the night, please have a backup plan.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are a few nearby hotels. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in two airport lounges; both have showers. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Dhaka Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Ruposhi Bangla Hotel Balaka Executive Lounge - Location: Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Skylounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours.
WiFi is available at Dhaka Airport inside the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
If sleeping in Dhaka Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Best Western Plus Maple Leaf - The closest hotel to the airport. Less than 2 minute drive from the airport. Free airport shuttle.
- Richmond Hotel & Suites - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Dhaka Regency Hotel & Resort - 3 minute drive from the airport. Airport van available on request.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Dhaka Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Food & Drinks - There are restaurants available at the airport however it is not known if any are open 24 hours.
- Prayer Rooms - Male and Female prayer rooms are available, exact location is not known.
- Shopping - There is Duty Free available at the airport. Hours: Not known.
- Showers - Showers are located inside the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 19 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.