Guangzhou Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Guangzhou Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I saw a few of the local chinese passengers enter the black flaps where the luggage comes out from. A short while later, they emerged with their luggages, dusted themselves and moved off. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Guangzhou Airport.
What to Expect
- This is a fairly modern airport, with one main terminal for all international and domestic flights. Still, don’t expect amenities that are typical to busy, international airports.
- Travellers report poor customer service, and significant language barriers. It seems a lot of the airport signage is only in Mandarin.
- Many travellers mentioned that airport staff smoke cigarettes throughout the airport.
- Travellers report that all cafes and eateries close by 10-11pm for the evening.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Head to the restaurant level, one floor below the departures. An escalator near Gates 11/12 will take you down. There are benches without armrests here, and seating is pretty comfortable (Ting, June 2016).
- Lots of travellers congregate in the departure hall near the H and J counters - seating isn’t as comfortable here, though (Traveller, August 2014).
- Expect a lot of travellers spending the night.
- It can be cold and noisy, so come prepared with warm clothes/travel blanket and ear plugs/noise cancelling headphones.
- For uninterrupted sleep, a few hotels are located at or near the airport; ask about airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in several airport lounges; some have showers. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Guangzhou Airport Guide. Consider sending us your Guangzhou Airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Air China Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Departures Level 3, near Gates A113 - A123. Hours: 6:30AM - 9:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: to be advised.
- China Eastern First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Departures Level 3, near Gates B224 - B235. Hours: 6:30AM - 9:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: to be advised.
- First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Departures Level 3, near Gates B201 - B213. Hours: 6:30AM - 9:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: to be advised.
- First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Departures Level 3, near Gates B214 - B223. Hours: 6:30AM - 9:30PM (Daily).Lounge Access: to be advised.
- Hainan Airlines First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Departures Level 3, Gates A124 - A133. Hours: 6:30AM - 9:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: to be advised.
- International First Class Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Departures Level 3, near near Gate A112. Hours: 6:30AM - 9:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: to be advised.
- King Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Departures Level 3, Gates A124 -133. Hours: 6:30AM - 9:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: to be advised.
- Premium Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Departures Level 3, near Gates A01 - A06. Showers are available. Hours: 6:30AM - last flight (approx. 2:30AM). Lounge Access: to be advised.
WiFi is available at Guangzhou Airport for local residents with WiFi plans, not foreign travellers.
If sleeping in Guangzhou Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport Hotel - (1 minute walk from the airport) This hotel is connected to the airport via walkway from Gate 13 of the Departure Hall. Day rooms are available for stays up to 6 hours from 6:00AM - 8:00PM. Free airport shuttle available.
- Southern Airline Pearl Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle
- Guangsha Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Guangzhou Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Food & Drinks - There are restaurants available at the airport however it is not known if any are open 24 hours.
- Information Desk - There is an information desk located at the airport. Hours: Not known.
- Shopping - There is Duty Free available at the airport. Hours: Not known.
- Showers - Showers can be found in the Premium Lounge (International Terminal). [ see Airport Lounges above ]
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Information not available.
China Southern Airlines provides free hotel accommodation to passengers with a transfer time of 8 hours or longer in Guangzhou. First, Business and Sky Pearl Gold members will be provided with 4 or 5 star hotel accommodation. While Economy and Premium Economy passengers will receive 4 star hotel accommodation. On arrival at Guangzhou, you should proceed to the Transfer Desk, where an agent will prepare a voucher for you. In addition to the hotel, you will receive breakfast (if applicable) and transportation to/from the hotel. For more info, visit the China Southern web site, call 0086-20-8612 4008 or send email to email@example.com.
Last Updated: 07 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.