In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Guangzhou Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I saw a few of the local chinese passengers enter the black flaps where the luggage comes out from. A short while later, they emerged with their luggages, dusted themselves and moved off. - unknown
I arrived in Guangzhou at about 21:30 last April, intending to wait in the airport overnight to get my early connecting flight the next morning.
I was at once approached by two officials who told me the airport closes overnight (AND IT DID!!!)... Just for a few hours. They will put you in a taxi to your choice (on star-rating) of hotel: it cost me £60 for about 6 hours in a tiny but clean and modern room, without windows. A more seasoned traveller I was with (we had both been on the same flight from Kunming) was used to this, and told me that the airport staff get a rake-off from the hotels.
NOTE: You CANNOT sleep over in Guangzhou. They completely close it and expel everyone, for just a few hours, to feed the local hotels.
Have you been to Guanzhou Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Plaza Premium has three lounge locations at the Guanzhou airport. Locations: International Terminal - A1992, A1995, A1989. Showers are available. Hours: 630am - 930pm. Lounge Access: unknown
- First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Departure Level 3, West Connecting Building. Hours: 630am - 930pm
- Easy Boarding VIP Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside
Information not available
If sleeping in the Guangzhou Airport does not appeal to you, there are a few hotels hotels near the airport....
- Pullman Hotel - 3 minute walk from the departure terminal. Day rooms are available for stays up to 6 hours from 6am - 8pm.
- Guangsha Hotel - 5 minutes drive to the airport
- Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence - 15 minute drive to the airport
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Guangzhou Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Car Rentals - Information not available
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food & Drinks - Information not available
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Information not available
- Showers - Information not available
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, post a question on our Facebook Page. If you post a question, remember to mention the airport or nobody will understand what you are asking about.
Guangzhou Travel Resources
- Guangzhou Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Guangzhou Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 02 June 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.