Guangzhou Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Guangzhou Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I saw a few of the local chinese passengers enter the black flaps where the luggage comes out from. A short while later, they emerged with their luggages, dusted themselves and moved off. - a traveller
October 2014 - I arrived here at around 10:30pm and had a early morning flight to catch to Guiyang. I decided to sleep at the airport as it would be useless to go to the hotel for just a few hours.
There is a lot of legit seating/sleeping space at the food court (located below the departures area) where a traveler can spend overnight. On the way, there will be a few touts (pretending to be officials) telling you to book a hotel. Ignore them.
The seats are plenty but don't seem so conducive to sleeping (many soundly sleeping Chinese will disagree). A sleeping bag perhaps might be a good idea as there is enough space.
I had a good paid wifi connection (Boingo) in that area to video chat with my wife the entire night. There is a way to get free wifi at the departures area if you have a local/roaming mobile number.
All of the Restaurants there were closed at around 11:00pm. There is a 'Zhen Gongfu' restaurant at the Arrivals W2 which is open for 24 hours and where a decent meal can be had for 20-30 RMB (Basic Mandarin or sign-language skills needed to place an order). There is also a 24-hours KFC at Arrivals W1 (but, I like to eat healthy when traveling so didn't bother).
In the waiting area at the food court, there are 2 toilets badly in need of refurbishment, but at least they get constantly cleaned.
Over the night, while trying to get some sleep on the uncomfortable chairs, my biggest peeve were 3 African travelers deciding to discuss their life-problems/business ventures at a Opera-singing volume.
Have you been to Guanzhou Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Guangzhou airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Air China Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Departures Level 3, near Gates A113 - A123. Lounge Access: Priority Pass
- China Eastern First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Departures Level 3, near Gates B224 - B235. Lounge Access: Priority Pass
- First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Departures Level 3, near Gates B201 - B213. Lounge Access: Priority Pass
- First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Departures Level 3, near Gates B214 - B223. Lounge Access: Priority Pass
- Hainan Airlines First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Departures Level 3, Gates A124 - A133. Lounge Access: Priority Pass
- International First Class Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Departures Level 3, near near Gate A112. Lounge Access: Priority Pass
- King Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Departures Level 3, Gates A124 -133. Lounge Access: Priority Pass
- Premium Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Departures Level 3, near Gates A01 - A06. Lounge Access: Priority Pass
WiFi is available at Guangzhou Airport for local residents with WiFi plans, not foreign travellers.
If sleeping in Guangzhou Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun Airport Hotel - (1 minute walk from the airport) This hotel is connected to the airport via walkway from Gate 13 of the Departure Hall. Day rooms are available for stays up to 6 hours from 6am - 8pm. Free airport shuttle available.
- Southern Airline Pearl Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle
- Guangsha Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Guangzhou Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Car Rentals - Information not available
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food & Drinks - Information not available
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Information not available
- Showers - Information not available
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
China Southern Airlines provides free hotel accommodation to passengers with a transfer time of 8 hours or longer in Guangzhou. First, Business and Sky Pearl Gold members will be provided with 4 or 5 star hotel accommodation. While Economy and Premium Economy passengers will receive 4 star hotel accommodation. On arrival at Guangzhou, you should proceed to the Transfer Desk, where an agent will prepare a voucher for you. In addition to the hotel, you will receive breakfast (if applicable) and transportation to/from the hotel. For more info, visit the China Southern web site, call 0086-20-8612 4008 or send email to email@example.com.
Last Updated: 14 November 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.