In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Guangzhou Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I saw a few of the local chinese passengers enter the black flaps where the luggage comes out from. A short while later, they emerged with their luggages, dusted themselves and moved off. - unknown
I and my 2 friends had 2 nights sleeping in this airport. In the first time staying, we were really disturbed by many things such as noise from the construction, mosquitoes and cold air conditions. Moreover, a guard came to ask us the reason why we were there but he did not raise any objections. Cool! In the second night, we'd already learnt from the last time experience so we applied anti-insect medicine which was sold very cheap in the town. As the result, we had a nice sleep. Advice: You guys could sleep in fast-food shops like Mc Donald, Kungfu, which sells noodles... Just buy a ration and enjoy your sleep. The waiters and waitress are cute so they don't care about your appearance. However, you should leave the fast-food shops at 6AM. It's time for them to do their business (lol)"
Have you been to Guanzhou Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Plaza Premium has three lounge locations at the Guanzhou airport. Locations: International Terminal - A1992, A1995, A1989. Showers are available. Hours: 630am - 930pm. Lounge Access: unknown
- First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Departure Level 3, West Connecting Building. Hours: 630am - 930pm
- Easy Boarding VIP Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside
Information not available
If sleeping in the Guangzhou Airport does not appeal to you, there are a few hotels hotels near the airport....
- Pullman Hotel - 3 minute walk from the departure terminal. Day rooms are available for stays up to 6 hours from 6am - 8pm.
- Guangsha Hotel - 5 minutes drive to the airport
- Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence - 15 minute drive to the airport
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Guangzhou Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Car Rentals - Information not available
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food / Dining - Information not available
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Information not available
- Showers - Information not available
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
Facebook and Twitter Tips
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Guangzhou Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Guangzhou Travel Resources
- Guangzhou Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 21 June 2012
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.