Jakarta Soekarno–Hatta Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Jakarta Soekarno–Hatta Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I got 4 hrs sleep and the experience and money we saved was worth the hassle. Not dangerous at all. Lots of families doing the same! - linaworldwide
To help you plan your layover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Jakarta Airport.
What to Expect
- This is a large, spread out airport with several terminals that are connected by frequent shuttles. T1 is the oldest, housing primarily domestic flights. T2 has three sub-terminals (2D, 2E, and 2F) with both domestic and international carriers. The modern T3 opened in 2011 with minimal operating capability, but it's still being expanded to take a lot of T2’s overcrowding. T3 Ultimate is expected to open in 2016 for more international carriers.
- Airport staff and security are generally tolerant of overnight travellers trying to sleep at the airport.
- Some travellers report local “porters” offering to help with bags for a fee; trolleys are free if you can grab them on your own.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- While T3 is finishing completion, it closes for the night. Head to T2 for the most sleeping options. Plenty of seats but there can be a lot of overnight travellers.
- A lot of benches are steel but have no armrests.
- It sounds like Landside can be busy and less safe overnight; Airside is a bit more comfortable.
- If you’re in T1, check-in and head upstairs near shops and restaurants. Before security, there’s a free lounge on the right side that has some comfortable leather couches (Traveller, February 2016).
- A few cafes close at night but are still open to the airport, so travellers have had success pushing furniture together for makeshift beds.
- The air conditioning is cold so bring an extra layer.
- For uninterrupted sleep, a few hotels are located at or close to the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- It seems that economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in several airport lounges; showers are available in some. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Jakarta Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Jakarta airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- El John Executive Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal 1B, Airside, 2nd floor.
- El John Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal 1C, Airside.
- BlueSky Executive Lounge - Location: International Terminal 2C, Airside, Ground Floor. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Sapphire Lounge - Location: International Terminal 2D, Landside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: 5:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Premier Lounge - Location: International Terminal 2D, Airside, After Passport Control but before final Security Checkpoint at the gate. Showers are available. Hours: 4:00AM - 1:00AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (US$ 20 - 3 hours)
- Pura Indah First and Business Class Lounge - Location: International Terminal 2D, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: 5:00AM - 12:00AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£20.00 - up to 3 hours or £28 - up to 6 hours - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Batavia Lounge - Location: International Terminal 2D, Airside.
- Mutiara Lounge - Location: International Terminal 2E, Airside.
- Transfer Lounge - Location: International Terminal 2E, Landside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 5:00AM - 11:00PM.
Free WiFi is available at Jakarta Airport. Connect to the “freewifi.kno” or “AP2@wifi.id” networks.
If sleeping on the floor in the Jakarta Soekarno–Hatta Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels in and near the airport:
- Jakarta Airport Hotel - This hotel is located above the arrival gate, and the entrance is a 5 minute walk from the 2nd floor of Terminal 2E. Day rooms are available for use from 9:00AM to 9:00PM for stays of up to 6 hours. There is a free airport shuttle available.
- FM7 Resort Hotel - (5 minute from the airport) Free airport transfers available (must be pre-arranged). A driver will meet you inside the airport wearing a bright yellow uniform.
- Pop! Hotel Airport Jakarta - (8 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service is available, look for the Pop! bus. Shuttle runs from the airport every hour between 11:30AM and 1:30 AM from the following departure points: Terminal 1 A, B and C, wait on the 2nd line Airport road, nearby shuttle bus Damri - Terminal 2 D, wait in front of Hoka Hoka Bento Restaurant, upper floor (departure area) - Terminal 2 E, wait in front of Old Town Restaurant, upper floor (departure area) - Terminal 2 F, wait in front of Koufu Restaurant, upper floor (departure area) and Terminal 3 Ultimate, waiting on the 2nd floor in front Gate 5. Shuttles run from the hotel every hour between 3:00AM and 6:00PM.
- Ibis Styles Jakarta Airport - (10 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle runs every 90 mins between 3:00AM and 12:00AM. Reservations required.
- Sheraton Bandara Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes (on the 15 and 45 each hour), 24 hours from International Arrival 2D Exit Gate. For airport pick up, provide hotel with flight details.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Jakarta Soekarno–Hatta Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs can be found in all Terminals, both Landside and Airside.
- Baby Care Facilities - The airport provides nursing rooms in each Terminal: Terminal 1B (Departures Central Corridor) • Terminal 1C (2nd Floor, Shopping Arcade) • Terminal 2D • Terminal 2E (Central Corridor) • Terminal 2F (Central Corridor) • T3 - 15 locations.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Area - There are kid zones available in all 3 Terminals.
- Terminal 1: T1B, 2nd Floor Departure • T1C, Shopping Arcade, 2nd Floor •
- Terminal 2: T2D, T2E and T2F (exact locations not known)
- Terminal 3: Boarding Gate 11 • Boarding Gate 13
- Currency Exchange - Yes, Terminal 2 offers 13 currency exchange locations. Terminal 3 has one branch and it appears that there is no currency exchange in Terminal 1. Hours: unknown.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available in Terminal 2D. A small variety of retail shops are also available throughout the airport. There is a Family Mart in T3 which is open 24 hours and in T1 you will find a 24 hour MiniMarket.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, these restaurants are open 24 hours.
- Terminal 1: Ayam Goreng Kalasan (T1C, Food Court) • Ayam Penyet Landasan (T1C, Shopping Arcade) • Dapur Pasundan (T1A, 1st Floor, Airside) • Massilia Cafe (T1B Airside) • Mie Kingkong (T1C, Arrivals, Landside) • Mini Park Corner (T1C, 2nd Floor, Airside) • Resona Minang (T1C) • Solero Resto (T1B, Airside, Departures) • Sri Handayani Resto (1B, Arrivals, Landside).
- Terminal 2: A&W (T2E, Inner Garden) • Dopoer Mie (T2E, airside) • Great Indonesian Cafe (T2E, Shopping Arcade) • Indorasa Resto (T2E) • KFC (T2) • Luccini Cafe (TD, Arcade Terminal) • Manzo e Birra & Delicio (T2E, Shopping Arcade) • Old Town White Coffee (T2D, Inner Garden Terminal) • Popcorn Dan Minimam (T2E, Central Corridor Boarding Lounge) • Soleil Bakery (T2E, Central Corridor Boarding Lounge)
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Terminal 1, Baggage Claim Area • Terminal 2, Landside Area D • Terminal 2, Landside. Rates: ranging from Rp. 30,000 to Rp. 65,000. Hours: unknown.
- Luggage Wrapping - Luggage wrapping is available for Rp. 50,000/piece in the following locations: T1, Check in area 1A, 1B and 1C • T2, Check in area 2D, 2E and 2F • T3, Check in area.
- Mobile Charging - Yes, in some areas of the airport (airside and landside).
- Pharmacy - Locations: Terminal 1B, landside, Check-In area, 1st floor • Terminal 3.
- Prayer Rooms - “Musholla” (Islamic prayer rooms) can be found throughout all three terminals, as well as the shelter areas.
- Showers - Showers are available in the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking Areas - Smoking inside the terminals is prohibited except in these designated lounges (Locations: Terminal 1, Central Corridor • Terminal 2, Central Corridor • Terminal 2, Curb Side Arrivals).
- Spa & Salon Services - Tao Reflexology offers massage and spa treatments in the Terminal 1C Shopping Arcade Hours: unknown.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Airport Shuttle Service
Airport shuttle bus services are available to destinations within Jakarta, Depok, Bandung, Cileungsi, and Pgc Cililitan. Averages fares range from IDR 35000 - 55000 (IDR 120000 and up for Bandung). Shuttle bus loading zones can be found at Terminals 1, 2, and 3.
Several car rental agencies can be found at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. Golden Bird, Laks Prima Transport and Trac (Serasi Autoraya) can be found in Terminals 1, 2, and 3. Liga Utama Indonesia (LUI) has an agency desk in Terminal 2. Garuda Biru is located in Terminal 2F.
Charter bus service from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport to Bandung is provided by four companies: Cipaganti, Citi Trans, Primajasa, and X-Trans. Service to Bintaro (West Tangerang) is also available through X-Trans. Average fares range from IDR 115000 - 265000, and X-Trans offers discounted student fares. Loading zones are available at Terminals 1, 2, and 3.
Several companies operate taxi service between the airport and destinations within Jakarta, Bogor, Depok, Tangerang, and Bekasi. Average flag drop rates for standard taxis start at IDR 7500 (IDR 4000 per km charge thereafter). Average flag drop rates for premium taxis start at IDR 15000 (IDR 7500 per km charge thereafter). Taxi loading zones can be found at Terminals 1, 2, and 3.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.