Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I got 4 hrs sleep and the experience and money we saved was worth the hassle. Not dangerous at all. Lots of families doing the same! – linaworldwide
CGK Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.
What to Expect
Jakarta Airport (Code: CGK) is a large sprawling complex with two older terminals (T1 and T2) and one new terminal (T3), all connected by a free SkyTrain. T1 has three sub-terminals (A, B and C) and primarily serves domestic flights. T2 also has three sub-terminals (D, E and F) and serves both domestic and international flights. The ultra-modern T3 serves both domestic and international flights. All three terminals offer a range of dining and shopping options, though T3 has the largest selection of retail stores. WiFi is available to help pass the time. Additional comfort—including showers—can be found through fee-based access to one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for locations and rates.
Sleeping in Jakarta Airport
Travellers report that airport staff and security are generally tolerant of overnight sleepers, and that the terminals feel safe. The new T3 is highlighted as having the best sleep options and plenty of comfortable, sleep friendly furniture. Reviews about the other terminals are mixed, with some warnings about uncomfortable furniture, though travellers have successfully found reasonable sleeping spots in all three terminals. Cold air conditioning is an oft-mentioned sleep hindrance, so consider bringing an extra layer and/or travel blanket. Eyeshade and earplugs/noise-cancelling headphones may also come in handy. For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel in the airport’s T2 and several others nearby. See the Airport Hotels section below for locations or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips.
Good to Know
Porters have been known to gouge passengers with hefty fees and/or demands for large tips. Luggage trolleys, if you can find one, are free to use.
Some airport reviews and tips in this guide and elsewhere on the site were written before March 2020 and may no longer be valid. To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Jakarta Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
Jakarta Airport Hotels & Day Rooms
- Nearest Hotel: Inside the Airport
- Sleep Cabins & Pods: No
- Day Rooms: Yes
- Nearby Hotels with Free Shuttles: Yes
When the prospect of sleeping on the floor or in a chair is giving you nightmares, there is good news for those of you who are looking to sleep at Jakarta Airport in comfort. In addition to two onsite hotels options, several nearby hotels can be found within a 10 minute free shuttle drive from the airport.
With Covid restrictions constantly changing, we recommend that you confirm shuttle availability prior to booking and/or prior to your arrival.At Airport Jakarta Airport Hotel – This hotel is located above the arrival gate, and the entrance is a 5 minute walk from the 2nd floor of Terminal 2E. Day rooms are available for use from 9:00AM to 9:00PM for stays of up to 6 hours. There is a free airport shuttle is available for inter-terminal transfers or you can take airport transportation. » Check Rates At Airport Anara Airport Hotel – Located at Terminal 3, on the Mezzanine Level (International Gates). » Check Rates At Airport Digital Airport Hotel T3 – A capsule hotel located in Terminal 3, Domestic Departures, 1st Floor. » Check Rates Near Airport Ibis Styles Jakarta Airport – Free airport shuttle runs every 90 mins between 3:00AM and 12:00AM. Reservations required. » Check Rates Near Airport FM7 Resort Hotel – Free airport shuttle is available, which must be pre-arranged at least 24 hours in advance. » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Jakarta Soekarno–Hatta Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Saphire Lounge – Location: International Terminal 2F, Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are Available. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
Transfer Lounge – Location: International Terminal 2E, Landside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Lounge Access: unknown.
T/G Lounge – Location: Terminal 2E, Airside, International Departures, 2nd Floor.
Saphire APS Blue Sky Lounge – Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Domestic Departures, beside Gate 18. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
Saphire Blue Sky Lounge – Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Domestic Departures, 1st Floor, next to Gate 13. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
Saphire Lounge – Location: Terminal 3, Airside, International Departures, opposite Gates 7 and 8. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
Saphire Lounge / Plaza Premium Lounge – Location: International Terminal 3, Airside, Level 2, near Gate 5.
Related Pages: Jakarta Airport Lounges
Free WiFi (up to 50Mbps) is available at Jakarta Airport. Connect to the “freewifi.cgk” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Coworking Space – If you have any work to get done while waiting to board your flight, check out one of the airport’s co-working spaces. The co-working spaces are equipped with desks and certain locations offer passengers access to desktop computer. Locations: Terminal 1A, Airside • Terminal 1B, Airside • Terminal 2D, Airiside, Central Corridor • Terminal 3, Airside, near Gate 8.
- SIM Cards – A reader has asked us to include where to buy SIM Cards. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – If you are travelling with an infant, there are nursing rooms in each Terminal: Terminal 1A • Terminal 1B (Departures Central Corridor) • Terminal 1C (2nd Floor, Shopping Arcade) • Terminal 2D • Terminal 2E (Central Corridor) • Terminal 2F (Central Corridor) • T3 (Check-in Area, Boarding Areas & Arrivals).
- Children’s Area – There are kid zones available in all 3 Terminals.
- Terminal 1: Terminal 1A • T1B, 2nd Floor Departure • T1C, Shopping Arcade, 2nd Floor.
- Terminal 2: T2D, T2E and T2F (exact locations not known)
- Terminal 3: Boarding Gate 8, 11, 14 and 25.
Food & Drinks
- Drinking Water – Thirsty? Drinking water fountains are available free of charge. Locations: multiple spots in all 3 Terminals.
- Food & Drinks – At the time of this update, these restaurants are open 24 hours.
- Terminal 1: A & W (T1A Arrivals • T1A Arrivals • T1A Arrivals) • Ayam Goreng Kalasan (T1C x 3 locations) • Ayam Penyet Landasan (T1C, Shopping Arcade) • Bakso Afung (T1C Shopping Arcade) • Bakso Lapangan Tembak Senayan (T1, Shopping Arcade • Bakso Solo (T1, Shopping Arcade) • Baso Malang Oasis (T1B Arrival) • Belinda (T1C, Shopping Arcade) • Cempaka Restaurant (T1A Departures) • Dunkin Donuts (T1A, Arrival Hall • T1B, Arrival Hall • T1C, Arrival Hall) • Food Cetra (T1C) • Fresh & Easy (T1C Departures) • JCO Donuts (T1B, Arrivals Hall) • K Cafe (T1A • T1C) • Kudeta (T1A Central Stairs) • Massilia Cafe (T1B Airside) • Mie Kingkong (T1C, Arrivals, Landside) • Papabunz (T1A, Central Stair • T1B, Departures, Floor 1) • Pesona Cafe (T1C, Shopping Arcade) • Roti O (x 5 locations) • Selera Resto (T1B) • Soka Restaurant (T1, Shopping Arcade) • Solaria (T1A, Parking Area) • Suka Rasa (1A, Arrivals, Landside) • The Bhesekan (T1C, Boarding).
- Terminal 2: A & W (T2, Inner Garden) • Bakmi GM (2F, Departure) • Bakso Solo (Arrival Area, 1st Floor) • Dunkin Donuts (2B, Departure Hall • 2F, Arrival Hall) • JJ Royal Cafe* (T2D, Departures Hall) • KFC (2F, Inner Garden) • Maxx Coffee (T2E, Inner Garden) • Papabunz (2E, Inner Garden) • Tana Java (T2E, Shopping Arcade).
Terminal 3: Bakmi GM (T3, Check-in) • Burger King (T3, Check-in • Mezzanine) • Coletta & Lola (T3, Boarding) • Costa Coffee (T3, Mezzanine) • Delice Maison (T3, Boarding) • DJournal Coffee (T3, Boarding) • Old Town White Coffee (T3, Check-in) • Roti Unyil (T3, Check-in) • Two Tigers Sushi and Noodles (T3, Boarding).
- Information Desk – Have any questions? Visit one of the airport information centers for assistance. Locations: Terminal 1, Landside, Arrivals Hall • Terminal 2E, Landside, Arrivals • Terminal 3, Landside, Check-in Area • Terminal 3, Airside, Domestic Departures, Gate 13 • Terminal 3, Airside, International Departures, Gate 9. Hours: all are open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – If you want to relieve yourself from the burden of heavy baggage, luggage storage is available. Locations: One Luggage – Terminal 2E, Landside, Arrivals (Hours: 24 hours) • Fesindo Left Baggage Service – Terminal 2D, Landside, Arrivals (Hours: 8:00AM – 11:00PM) • .Box – Terminal 3, Landside, Domestic Arrivals (Hours: 5:00AM – 12:00AM) • Baggage Solutions – Terminal 3, Landside, Domestic Parking Building (Hours: 24 hours). Rates: prices vary between the locations and depending on the dimensions of your luggage; but range from Rp. 40,000 – 150,000 / piece.
- Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available free of charge. Porters are also available to assist you free of charge and tipping.
- Luggage Wrapping – Protect your bags from theft and damage by having your bags wrapped in plastic. Rates: Rp. 50,000 / piece in the following locations: T1, Check in area 1A, 1B and 1C • T2, Check in area 2D, 2E and 2F • T3, Check in area.
- Medical Centres – If you feel unwell or injure yourself, medical centers can be found in the following locations: Terminal 1B, Departure Lobby (Hours: 24 hours) • Terminal 2, Gate 3 (Hours: 7:00AM – 10:00PM) • Terminal 3 at Check-in, Gate 7 and Gate 14 (Hours: 24 hours).
- Pharmacy – If you need any last minute medications, stop by one of the airport’s Kimia Farma locations, found inTerminal 1A, Shopping Area • Terminal 2D, Shopping Area • Terminal 3, Airside, 1st Floor, Domestic Boarding Area • Terminal 3, Airside, 1st Floor, International Boarding Area.
- Mobile Charging – Recharge your mobile devices. Outlets can be found in some areas of the airport (airside and landside).
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: All 3 terminals.
- Banking Services – Bank BCA, Bank BDI, Bank BRI and Bank Mandiri provide full-service banking and currency exchange services. Locations: Bank BCA – Terminal 2E, Departures Hall (Hours: 8:15AM – 3:00PM) • Bank BRI – Terminal 3, Landside, Domestic Arrivals (Hours: 8:00AM – 3:00PM) • Bank Mandiri – Terminal 2E, Departures Hall (Hours: 8:00AM – 3:00PM); Terminal 3, Domestic Arrivals (Hours: 8:00AM -3:00PM) • Bank BNI – Terminal 1B, Departures (Hours: 8:00AM – 4:00PM); Terminal 2F, Departures (Hours: 8:00AM – 4:00PM); Terminal 3, Domestic Arrivals (Hours: 8:00AM – 4:00PM).
- Currency Exchange – Terminal 2 offers 12 currency exchange locations, while Terminal 3 offers 9. At the time of this update, it appears that there are no exchange counters in Terminal 1; however, there are banks that could be of assistance.
- Prayer Rooms – “Musholla” (Islamic prayer rooms) can be found throughout all three terminals, as well as the shelter areas.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – Each terminal offers a rest area with comfortable reclining chairs. Locations: Terminal 1, Airside in 1A and 1B • Terminal 2, in 2D, 2E and 2F • Terminal 3, Airside by Gate 6 and Gate 14. Hours: 24 hours.
Take precaution even when sleeping in the rest zones. In December 2019, a traveller at another airport reported that money and credit cards had been stolen from their bag even though the bag was right beside them. Protect and lock your bags as you would sleeping elsewhere in public.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available in Terminal 2 and Terminal 3 in multiple locations, all of which are open 24 hours. In addition, you will find plenty of shops to pass the time at the airport. Each Terminal has plenty of markets (Circle K, Kim’s Mart, Indomaret, and more) to choose from which are open 24 hours.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers (Paid) – Freshen up before your flight. Showers are available in a few of the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Showers (Free) – Enjoy a complimentary shower at these locations: Terminal 3, Domestic, Gate 10 • International, at Gate 11. Hours: 24 hours.
- Spa & Salon Services – Relax and unwind before your flight with a massage. Locations: Teratini – Terminal 1A, Shopping Area (Hours: 5:00AM – 12:00AM) • Batik Spa – Terminal 2F, Shopping Area (Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM) • Terminal 2E, 2nd Floor. Shopping Area (Hours: 24 hours). Rates: vary according to the location but range from Rp. 50,000 – 350,000.
- Smoking Areas – Smoking inside the terminals is prohibited except in these designated lounges Locations: Terminal 1, Central Corridor • Terminal 1, Curb Side Arrivals • Terminal 2, Central Corridor • Terminal 2, Curb Side Arrivals • Terminal 3, 15 locations.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Jakarta Soekarno–Hatta airport is served by the following airlines: Air Asia • Air China • Air Fast Indonesia • All Nippon Airways • Asiana Airlines • Batik Air • Cathay Pacific • Cebu Pacific • China Airlines • China Southern • Citilink • Emirates • Ethiopian Airlines • Etihad Airways • Eva Air • Flynas • Garuda Indonesia • Japan Airlines • Jetstar • KLM • Korean Air • Lion Air • Malaysia Airlines • Malindo Air • NAM Air • Oman Air • Philippines Airlines • Qantas • Qatar Airways • Royal Brunei Airlines • Scoot • Singapore Airlines • SriLankan Airlines • Sriwijaya Air • Thai Airways • Thai Lion Air • TransNusa • Turkish Airlines • Vietnam Airlines • Xiamen Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
At least five airport shuttle bus services are available from the airport. Shuttle bus loading zones can be found at Terminals 1, 2, and 3. For fares, routes and more information, visit the Jakarta Airport website.
Two car rental agencies can be found at Jakarta Airport. Golden Bird and Laks Prima Transport. Offices can be found in all Terminals 1, 2 and 3.
Charter bus service from Jakarta Airport to Bandung is provided by five companies: Citi Trans, Jackal Holiday, Lintas Shuttle, Sinar Shuttle, and X-Trans. Service to Bintaro (West Tangerang) is also available through X-Trans. For fares, routes and more information, visit the Jakarta Airport website.
Several area hotels provide airport shuttle service: Jakarta Airport Hotel Managed by Topotels • Cengkareng Transit Hotel • POP! Hotel Airport Jakarta ($) • Ibis Styles Jakarta Airport • Ibis Budget Jakarta Airport • Orchardz Bandara • FM7 Resort Hotel Jakarta • Swiss-Belhotel Airport Jakarta • Zest Airport, Jakarta.
See also Airport Hotels above.
Sent to us by a reader (October 2019): All 3 terminals are now connected by a free Skytrain, which operates every 20-30 minutes from around 4 AM to midnight. The skytrain platforms are connected by a skybridge to Terminal 2 and 3. From Terminal 1, you need to cross the street. The airport is now connected to downtown Jakarta (Sudirman Baru a.k.a BNI City Station) by an airport train called Airport Rail Service, IDR 70,000. Airport Railway Station can be reached by skytrain. The train departs every 30 minutes from around 6 AM to midnight. From BNI City Station, passengers may transfer to the brand-new MRT, commuter train, or bus to their dedicated destination.
Several companies provide taxi service from CGK airport. Taxi loading zones can be found at Terminals 1, 2, and 3.
Last updated: 2022-01-24
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.