Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I got 4 hrs sleep and the experience and money we saved was worth the hassle. Not dangerous at all. Lots of families doing the same! – linaworldwide
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us about their time at Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.
What to Expect
Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta International Airport is a large sprawling complex with two older terminals (T1 and T2) and one new terminal (T3), all connected by shuttle service. T1 has three sub-terminals (A, B and C) and primarily serves domestic flights. T2 also has three sub-terminals (D, E and F) and serves both domestic and international flights. The ultra-modern T3 serves both domestic and international flights. All three terminals offer a range of dining and shopping options, though T3 has the largest selection of retail stores. WiFi is available to help pass the time. Additional comfort—including showers—can be found through fee-based access to one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
Travellers report that airport staff and security are generally tolerant of overnight sleepers, and that the terminals feel safe. The new T3 is highlighted as having the best sleep options and plenty of comfortable, sleep friendly furniture. Reviews about the other terminals are mixed, with some warnings about uncomfortable furniture, though travellers have successfully found reasonable sleeping spots in all three terminals. Cold air conditioning is an oft-mentioned sleep hindrance, so consider bringing an extra layer and/or travel blanket. Eyeshade and earplugs/noise-cancelling headphones may also come in handy. For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel in the airport’s T2 and several others nearby. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
Porters have been known to gouge passengers with hefty fees and/or demands for large tips. Hand trolleys, if you can find one, are free to use.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Premier Lounge – Location: International Terminal 2D, Airside, After Passport Control but before final Security Checkpoint at the gate. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Pura Indah First & Business Class Lounge – Location: International Terminal 2D, Airside. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
T/G Lounge – Location: Terminal 2E, Airside, International Departures, 2nd Floor.
Passes Sapphire Lounge / Plaza Premium Lounge – Location: International Terminal 3, Airside, Level 2, near Gate 5. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes.
If sleeping on the floor in the Jakarta Soekarno–Hatta Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels in and near the airport:
At Airport Jakarta Airport Hotel – This hotel is located above the arrival gate, and the entrance is a 5 minute walk from the 2nd floor of Terminal 2E. Day rooms are available for use from 9:00AM to 9:00PM for stays of up to 6 hours. There is a free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
Near Airport FM7 Resort Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) Free Airport transfers are available. (must be pre-arranged). A driver will meet you inside the airport wearing a bright yellow uniform. » Check Rates
Near Airport Pop! Hotel Airport Jakarta – (8 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available, look for the Pop! bus. Shuttle runs from the airport every hour between 11:30AM and 1:30 AM from the following departure points: Terminal 1 A, B and C, wait on the 2nd line Airport road, nearby shuttle bus Damri – Terminal 2 D, wait in front of Hoka Hoka Bento Restaurant, upper floor (departure area) – Terminal 2 E, wait in front of Old Town Restaurant, upper floor (departure area) – Terminal 2 F, wait in front of Koufu Restaurant, upper floor (departure area) and Terminal 3 Ultimate, waiting on the 2nd floor in front Gate 5. Shuttles run from the hotel every hour between 3:00AM and 6:00PM. » Check Rates
Near Airport Ibis Styles Jakarta Airport – (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle runs every 90 mins between 3:00AM and 12:00AM. Reservations required. » Check Rates
Near Airport Sheraton Bandara Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes (on the 15 and 45 each hour), 24 hours from International Arrival 2D Exit Gate. For airport pick up, provide hotel with flight details. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Jakarta Soekarno–Hatta Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi (up to 50Mbps) is available at Jakarta Airport. Connect to the “freewifi.cgk” network.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – The airport provides nursing rooms in each Terminal: Terminal 1B (Departures Central Corridor) • Terminal 1C (2nd Floor, Shopping Arcade) • Terminal 2D • Terminal 2E (Central Corridor) • Terminal 2F (Central Corridor) • T3 – 15 locations.
- Children’s Area – There are kid zones available in all 3 Terminals.
- Terminal 1: T1B, 2nd Floor Departure • T1C, Shopping Arcade, 2nd Floor •
- Terminal 2: T2D, T2E and T2F (exact locations not known)
- Terminal 3: Boarding Gate 11 • Boarding Gate 13
Food & Drinks
- Drinking Water – Thirsty? Drinking water fountains are available free of charge. Locations: Terminal 3, Airside.
- Food & Drinks – At the time of this update, these restaurants are open 24 hours.
- Terminal 1: Ayam Goreng Kalasan (T1C, Food Court) • Ayam Penyet Landasan (T1C, Shopping Arcade) • Bakso Lapangan Tembak Senayan (T1, Shopping Arcade • Dapur Pasundan (T1A, 1st Floor, Airside) • Dunkin Donuts (T1A, Arrival Hall • Terminal 1B, Arrival Hall • Terminal 1C, Arrival Hall) • JCO Donuts (T1B, Arrivals Hall • T1C, Arrivals Hall) • Massilia Cafe (T1B Airside) • Mie Kingkong (T1C, Arrivals, Landside) • Mini Park Corner (T1C, 2nd Floor, Airside) • Papabunz (T1A, Central Stair • T1B, Departures, Floor 1 • T1C, Departure Hall) Papabunz (T1A, Central Stair • T1B, Departures, Floor 1 • T1C, Departure Hall) • Pesona Minang (T1C) • RM Kemayoran (T1C) • Soka Restaurant (T1A, Arrivals Hall • T1, Departures) Solero Resto (T1B, Airside, Departures) • Sri Handayani Resto (1B, Arrivals, Landside).
- Terminal 2: Bakso Solo (Arrival Area, 1st Floor) • Chef Tony’s Popcorn (2E, Central Corridor Boarding Lounge) • Dopoer Mie (T2E, airside) • Dunkin Donuts (2B, Departure Hall • 2F, Arrival Hall) Great Indonesian Cafe (T2E, Shopping Arcade) • Indorasa Resto (T2E) • JJ Royal Cafe* (T2D, Departures Hall • T2E, Departures Hall) • Luccini Cafe (TD, Arcade Terminal) • Manzo e Birra & Delicio (T2E, Shopping Arcade) • Old Town White Coffee (T2D, Inner Garden Terminal • TDE, Shopping Arcade) • Papabunz (2E, Inner Garden) • Restoran Anugerah (T2D) • Soleil Bakery (T2E, Central Corridor Boarding Lounge). * includes smoking lounges.
- Terminal 3: Two Tigers Sushi and Noodles (T3, Airside, Near Gate 5).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Terminal 1, Baggage Claim Area • Terminal 2, Landside Area D • Terminal 2, Landside. Rates: ranging from Rp. 30,000 (small bag) to Rp. 75,000 (bicycle/golf set). Hours: unknown.
- Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available free of charge. As of September 2017, porters are available to assist you free of charge and tipping.
- Luggage Wrapping – Luggage wrapping is available for Rp. 50,000/piece in the following locations: T1, Check in area 1A, 1B and 1C • T2, Check in area 2D, 2E and 2F • T3, Check in area.
- Pharmacy – Locations: Terminal 1B, landside, Check-In area, 1st floor • Terminal 3.
- Mobile Charging – Recharge your mobile devices. Outlets can be found in some areas of the airport (airside and landside).
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Terminal 1 and 2. At the time of this update. Terminal 3 does not have an ATM.
- Currency Exchange – Terminal 2 offers 13 currency exchange locations. At the time of this update, it appears that there are no exchange counters in Terminal 1 and 3; however, there are banks in T1 and T3 that could be of assistance.
- Prayer Rooms – “Musholla” (Islamic prayer rooms) can be found throughout all three terminals, as well as the shelter areas.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available in Terminal 2D. A small variety of retail shops are also available throughout the airport. There are Circle K Mart s which are open 24 hours in each of the terminals. Additionally, there are other mini-markets (Kim’s Mart, Indomart, and more) which are also open 24 hours.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Freshen up before your flight. Showers are available in a few of the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Spa & Salon Services – Tao Reflexology offers massage and spa treatments in the Terminal 1C Shopping Arcade Hours: unknown.
- Smoking Areas – Smoking inside the terminals is prohibited except in these designated lounges Locations: Terminal 1, Central Corridor • Terminal 1, Curb Side Arrivals • Terminal 2, Central Corridor • Terminal 2, Curb Side Arrivals • Terminal 3, 15 locations.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of March 2018, Jakarta Soekarno–Hatta airport is served by the following airlines: Air Asia • Air China • Air France • ANA • Asiana Airlines • Batik Air • Business Air • Cathay Pacific • Cebu Pacific • China Airlines • China Southern • Citilink • Emirates • Etihad Airways • Eva Air • Garuda Indonesia • Japan Airlines • Jetstar • Kalstar Aviation • KLM • Korean Air • Lion Air • Malaysia Airlines • Malindo Air • NAM Air • Oman Air • Philippines Airlines • Qantas • Qatar Airways • Royal Brunei Airlines • Saudi Arabian Airlines • Singapore Airlines • SriLankan Airlines • Sriwijaya Air • Thai Airways • Thai Lion Air • Tigerair • Trigana Air • Turkish Airlines • Vietnam Airlines • Xiamen Airlines.
At least five airport shuttle bus services are available from the airport. Shuttle bus loading zones can be found at Terminals 1, 2, and 3. For fares, routes and more information, visit the Jakarta Airport website.
Two car rental agencies can be found at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. Golden Bird and Laks Prima Transport. Offices can be found in all Terminals 1, 2 and 3.
Charter bus service from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport to Bandung is provided by four companies: Cipaganti, Citi Trans, Primajasa, and X-Trans. Service to Bintaro (West Tangerang) is also available through X-Trans. For fares, routes and more information, visit the Jakarta Airport website.
Inter-Terminal Shuttle Bus
A free shuttle bus is available to transfer passengers between the terminals at the airport. Look for the free shuttle bus signage from each terminal.
Several companies provide taxi service from the airport offering everything from the basic taxi ride to a premium ride in a luxury van if you are traveling in a group. Taxi loading zones can be found at Terminals 1, 2, and 3.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected]