Johor Bahru Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Johor Nahru Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I could see a handful of people inside sleeping on the handful of benches available, but the doors were frustratingly locked, so I napped outside until something like 5 am, when the doors opened. - a traveller
photo credit: Tan1688 / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Senai International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, laidback single-terminal international airport with clean facilities and a good variety of shopping and dining options.
- The airport can be difficult to navigate, due to poor signage and poor lighting, especially at night.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Mosquitoes all around. Wear mosquito repellent to keep them at bay!
Where to Sleep
- If you don’t manage to grab one of the few long benches near the entrance of the terminal, there is a long empty hallway to the left of the atrium, leading to the parking lot. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
- The airport closes at night. Travelers will not be able to get in or out of the airport during off hours. If you plan to spend the night in the airport, make sure to show up before all doors are locked.
- 24-hour fast food restaurants are available next to the airport, just a short walk from the terminal.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Johor Bahru Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free WiFi is available at Senai Airport for 30 minutes. If you need extra time, internet cards can be purchased: RM8 (1 day) • RM5 ( 1 hour).
If sleeping in Johor Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Le Grandeur Johor Palm Resort - (3 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request, RM6.40 from 7:00AM - 11:00PM and RM21.20 during hours of 11:00PM - 7:00AM.
- Hotel U & Me - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Castello Hotel - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Johor Bahru Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes. Locations: Public concourse area and Ground Floor.
- Baby Care Facilities - There is a nursery/diaper changing room located on the 1st Floor, Departure Hall (close to the Female Prayer Room).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - There are two money changers, located landside in both Departures and Arrivals halls.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Langkawi Duty Free store is available, along with a small selection of retail stores and gift boutiques. Most are open from 7:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Family Services - There is a nursery/diaper changing room located on the 1st Floor, Departure Hall (close to the Female Prayer Room).
- Food & Drinks -Most food concessions throughout the airport are open from 7:00AM - 10:00PM, but there are some 24-hour food outlets just a short walk from the airport terminal. Here are the current dining options inside the airport: Daily Fresh • Famous Amos • KFC • L. Bistro • Marrybrown • Old Town White Coffee • Pushcart Cafe • Secret Recipe • Tumi’s
- Information Desk - Yes. Location: Public Concourse Area
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Luggage storage is available. Location: In the public concourse, next to the airport police station.
- Pharmacy - Guardian Pharmacy. Location: unknown.
- Police - The Police Station is open 24 hours. Location: lower ground floor.
- Prayer Rooms - Locations: Lower Ground Floor, AeroMall.
- Showers - Showers can be found in the Plaza Premium Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking - There is a smoking lounge located in the Departure Hall, on the first floor.
- Spa - Tired, weary feet? Head to Classic Foot Reflexology. Hours: Not known.
The airport is open from 6:00AM - 12:00AM.
The Airport Shuttle Bus (Causeway Link white bus) connects the airport to JB Sentral, while Causeway Link bus line 33 links the airport to Larkin Bus Terminal. Connections to city buses and buses to and from Singapore are available from JB Sentral and Larkin Bus Terminal. Tickets are sold at the Causeway Link counter in the airport, online, or on board the bus. For routes and fare information, visit the Senai International Airport website.
The following car rental agencies offer service onsite: Avis • Dialta Travel & Tours • Hertz • Mann Travel & Tours • Mayflower Car Rental • Orix • Sixt • Thrifty.
Some local hotels offer transfers to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Prepaid taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. Stop at the taxi booth in the east wing of the Aeromall to pay for your ride. You will receive a coupon to give to your taxi driver before boarding the taxi.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.