Kabul Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Kabul Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
never, ever take a seat nearest to the toilets.
- an aid worker
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Hamid Karzai International Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern international airport with two terminal buildings: a newly-built terminal for international flights, and an older Soviet-era terminal for domestic flights. Restrooms are filthy and without toilet paper, so bring your own. Some hand sanitizer will help too!
- Shopping and dining options are very limited.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Language barriers. Overhead announcements are not in English. Working knowledge of Dari or Pashtun is helpful!
- Flights arrivals and departures are often delayed.
- Pay attention in the baggage claim area. If you don’t grab your luggage the first time, it gets thrown into a big pile of unclaimed luggage.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kabul Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
Free WiFi is available at Kabul Airport near the departures gates (airside).
If sleeping in Kabul Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Heetal Airport Hotel - (3 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available
- Kabul Star Hotel - (9 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available
- Kabul Serena Hotel - (12 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kabul Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are not able to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Duty Free Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available.
Information not available
Information not available.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.