In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Karachi Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I was planning to sleep in the terminal, or the business lounge, but when I went next door to the terminal, I was told that only people with tickets were allowed inside, and only 3 hours prior to the flight. - mindlesswanderer
I arrived in the international terminal at about 11pm, and had a flight out again at 8am in the morning. The people in arrivals/customs where extremely friendly and helped me fill in my arrival form etc. I was planning to sleep in the terminal, or the business lounge, but when I went next door to the terminal, I was told that only people with tickets were allowed inside, and only 3 hours prior to the flight. So with 6 hours to waste I went to McDonalds across from the terminal and watched movies on my laptop until 5am when I was allowed in the terminal. If you do really need some sleep, there were plenty of people sleeping on the grass outside the terminal and around McDonalds. Once inside the terminal there are plenty of seating and quite areas for sleeping.
Have you been to Karachi Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Karachi airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- CIP Lounge - Location: Jinnah Terminal Complex, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Rate: . Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (International flights - $6 per person and Domestic flights - Rs. 200 per person) • Priority Pass.
- Barclays Premier Airport Lounge - Location: Jinnah Terminal Complex, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: unknown
Information not available
If sleeping in Karachi Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel near the airport. Other hotels require a drive of approx. 20-30 minutes to reach:
- Ramada Plaza Karachi Airport - Located near Terminal 1. Airport transfers are available.
- Embassy Inn - (20 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available.
- Karachi Marriott - (24 min from the airport) Free airport transfers with reservation.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Karachi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Located in Concourse I, Concourse II, International Arrivals, and Domestic Departures
- Baggage Trolleys - Free baggage trolleys can be found at the Drop Lane to Check-in Counters and Baggage Claim to Pick-up Lane.
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Currency exchange counters are available in the Arrivals and Departures areas.
- Food & Drinks - Available, but I don't have details on hours, locations or names of food concessions.
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Luggage storage is available to passengers in transit. Hours: 24 hours
- Prayer Rooms - There are prayer rooms available in the public area on the Arrival/Departures Levels. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Karachi Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Karachi Travel Resources
- Tripadvisor - search Karachi hotel deals, check availability and read traveller reviews.
Last Updated: 14 May 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.