Karachi Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Karachi Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I was planning to sleep in the terminal, or the business lounge, but when I went next door to the terminal, I was told that only people with tickets were allowed inside, and only 3 hours prior to the flight. - mindlesswanderer
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Jinnah International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large and busy single-terminal airport with two concourses: East (for international flights) and West (for domestic flights). A wide variety of shops and restaurants are available, including some 24 hour options!
- Air-conditioning, escalators and elevators are seemingly often down for repair, but restrooms and the interior of the terminal is clean and well-maintained.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- No designated smoking areas, so passengers smoke almost anywhere they wish inside the terminal.
- Long, slow lines during peak hours.
- Friendly, bilingual staff, with some complaints about the Immigration officers.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Karachi Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Karachi airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- CIP Lounge - Location: Jinnah Terminal Complex, Airside. Showers are available. Rate: . Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (International flights - $6 per person and Domestic flights - Rs. 200 per person)
- Barclays Premier Airport Lounge - Location: Jinnah Terminal Complex, Airside. Showers are available. Lounge Access: unknown
Free WiFi is available at Karachi Airport. Free WiFi is available in lounges, connect to the “Wateen-Free-Wi-Fi Network”.
If sleeping in Karachi Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel near the airport. Other hotels require a drive of approx. 20-30 minutes to reach:
- Ramada Plaza Karachi Airport - Located near Terminal 1. Airport transfers are available.
- Embassy Inn - (20 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available.
- Karachi Marriott - (24 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available upon request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Karachi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Located in Concourse I, Concourse II, International Arrivals, and Domestic Departures
- Baggage Trolleys - Free baggage trolleys can be found at the Drop Lane to Check-in Counters and Baggage Claim to Pick-up Lane.
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Currency exchange counters are available in the Arrivals and Departures areas.
- Food & Drinks - 24-hour food options are available. Locations are not known.
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Luggage storage is available to passengers in transit. Hours: 24 hours
- Prayer Areas - Gender-separated prayer areas area available in all waiting lounges (both Domestic and International), the executive lounge, and the public meet/greet area.
- Showers - Showers are available in the CIP Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
Public buses are cheap and available from most points across Karachi, but prepare to leave early, as heavy traffic is common.
Taxis are available 24/7 at the Arrivals concourse Lane 3, though ask for an approximate cost or agree to a fixed cost before getting in the taxi. The airport recommends checking with the CAA info desk inside the airport to get an approximate cost on taxis to your destination; some taxi drivers don’t know short cuts or are looking to make some extra cash.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.