Karachi Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Karachi Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I was planning to sleep in the terminal, or the business lounge, but when I went next door to the terminal, I was told that only people with tickets were allowed inside, and only 3 hours prior to the flight. - mindlesswanderer
By a Guest Reviewer
July 2015 - People & Management there were very friendly & courteous. Every facility is available for travelers on this airport like sleeping is allowed in waiting area, ambiance is good, showers are available & sim cards are available at Zong Corporate Lounge Domestic Departure where every thing is with out any cost like Beverages, free wifi, Tv, newspapers & magazines, Tea, Coffee & Green Tea etc.
Have you been to Karachi Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Karachi airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- CIP Lounge - Location: Jinnah Terminal Complex, Airside. Showers are available. Rate: . Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (International flights - $6 per person and Domestic flights - Rs. 200 per person) • Priority Pass.
- Barclays Premier Airport Lounge - Location: Jinnah Terminal Complex, Airside. Showers are available. Lounge Access: unknown
Free WiFi is available at Karachi Airport. Free WiFi is available in lounges, connect to the “Wateen-Free-Wi-Fi Network”.
If sleeping in Karachi Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel near the airport. Other hotels require a drive of approx. 20-30 minutes to reach:
- Ramada Plaza Karachi Airport - Located near Terminal 1. Airport transfers are available.
- Embassy Inn - (20 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available.
- Karachi Marriott - (24 min from the airport) Free airport transfers with reservation.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Karachi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Located in Concourse I, Concourse II, International Arrivals, and Domestic Departures
- Baggage Trolleys - Free baggage trolleys can be found at the Drop Lane to Check-in Counters and Baggage Claim to Pick-up Lane.
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Currency exchange counters are available in the Arrivals and Departures areas.
- Food & Drinks - There are food outlets open 24 hours but I am not able to confirm which restaurants/locations.
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Luggage storage is available to passengers in transit. Hours: 24 hours
- Prayer Rooms - There are prayer rooms available in the public area on the Arrival/Departures Levels. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Showers - Showers are available in the CIP Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
Last Updated: 07 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.