Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Karachi Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I was planning to sleep in the terminal, or the business lounge, but when I went next door to the terminal, I was told that only people with tickets were allowed inside, and only 3 hours prior to the flight. – mindlesswanderer
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Jinnah International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large and busy single-terminal airport with two concourses: East (for international flights) and West (for domestic flights). A wide variety of shops and restaurants are available, including some 24 hour options!
- Air-conditioning, escalators and elevators are seemingly often down for repair, but restrooms and the interior of the terminal is clean and well-maintained.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- No designated smoking areas, so passengers smoke almost anywhere they wish inside the terminal.
- Long, slow lines during peak hours.
- Friendly, bilingual staff, with some complaints about the Immigration officers.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- CIP Lounge – Location: Jinnah Terminal Complex, Airside. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Based on older information we received, there are other lounges. Unfortunately, at the time of this update, we do not have any information about lounge access.
- Barclays Premier Airport Lounge – Location: Jinnah Terminal Complex, Airside. Showers are available. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Karachi Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel near the airport. Other hotels require a drive of approx. 20-30 minutes to reach:
- Ramada Plaza Karachi Airport – Located near Terminal 1. Airport transfers are available. » Check Rates
- Embassy Inn – (20 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available. » Check Rates
- Karachi Marriott – (24 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available upon request. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Karachi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Karachi Airport. Free WiFi is available in lounges, connect to the “Wateen-Free-Wi-Fi Network”.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Concourse I, Concourse II, International Arrivals, and Domestic Departures
Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available free of charge. The can be found between the Drop Lane to Check-in Counters and between the Baggage Claim to Pick-up Lane.
Currency Exchange – Currency exchange counters are available in the Arrivals and Departures areas.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free shopping is not available. There are other shops available; however, at the time of this update no information is available.
Food & Drinks – 24-hour food options are available. Locations are not known.
Information Desk – Not available.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Luggage storage is available to passengers in transit. Hours: 24 hours.
Prayer Areas – Gender-separated prayer areas area available in all waiting lounges (both Domestic and International), the executive lounge, and the public meet/greet area.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Showers are available in the CIP Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Karachi airport is served by the following airlines: Air Arabia • China Southern Airlines • Emirates • Gulf Air • Kuwait Airways • Nas Air • Oman Air • Pakistan International Airlines • Qatar Airways • Saudi Arabian Airlines • Tajikistan Air • Thai Airways • Turkish Airlines • Uzbekistan Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Public buses are cheap and available from most points across Karachi, but prepare to leave early, as heavy traffic is common.
Taxis are available 24/7 at the Arrivals concourse Lane 3. The airport recommends checking with the CAA info desk inside the airport to get an approximate cost on taxis to your destination; some taxi drivers don’t know shortcuts or are looking to make some extra cash. At a minimum, you should ask for an approximate cost or agree to a fixed cost before getting in the taxi.
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.