Lahore Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lahore Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
nice airport, international standards. neat and clean. proper temp, neat washrooms. every thing one should expect. - a traveller
photo credit: bukhari917
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Allama Iqbal International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large and busy international airport with a main passenger terminal and a separate terminal for Hajj religious pilgrimage travelers (seasonal use only). Shopping and dining options are limited.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Lengthy and inefficient airport procedures. There are so many security checkpoints and passport checks, you’ll feel like you’re running a gauntlet! One reviewer showed up three hours before his scheduled flight, and finally got to the gate with only 20 minutes before departure! Arrive early for your flight, with time to spare!
- Some reviewers reported repeated extortion attempts throughout the airport departure process. Watch out for those exorbitant “airport departure” fees!
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Lahore Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Lahore airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- CIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside. Hours: unknown. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (Rs 200).
- CIP Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 6)
Free WiFi is available at Lahore Airport in the lounges. Connect to the “Wateen-Free-Wi-Fi Network”.
If sleeping in Lahore Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Pearl Continental Hotel - (15 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available. Reservations are required.
- The Residency Hotel - (15 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available upon request, send the hotel your flight details for pick-up.
- Regency Inn Hotel - (20 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available upon request.
- Hotel One Gulberg - (20 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Lahore Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - National Bank of Pakistan, Allied Bank, and Muslim Commercial Bank offer 24-hour ATMs in the airport.
- Baggage Carts - Free baggage trolleys can be found at the Drop Lane to Check-in Counters and Baggage Claim to Pick-up Lane.
- Baggage Wrapping - Available for Rs. 190/- per piece of luggage in the International and Domestic check-in areas.
- Banking - National Bank of Pakistan, Habib Bank, and Bank Al-Falah offer full-service banking in the airport from 9:00AM - 5:00PM.
- Currency Exchange - PBS Exchange, National Bank of Pakistan, Habib Bank, and Dollar East Exchange Company offer services onsite at the airport. Currency exchange kiosks are located in the International Terminal check-in, concourse, and arrivals hall.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Passenger Facilitation Services (PFS) - Porters are available to carry your bags from the drop lane to check-in or from baggage claim to the pick-up area for Rs. 200/- (domestic terminal) or Rs. 400/- (international).
- Prayer Rooms - There are separate areas for women and men. Location: Domestic and International Lounges. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
At least two public buses connect to the airport 24-hours. For schedules, please visit the airport website.
Taxis are available at the airport.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.