Lahore Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lahore Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
nice airport, international standards. neat and clean. proper temp, neat washrooms. every thing one should expect. - a traveller
February 2014 - This airport is an abomination. As soon as you enter the terminal for departure, the entire place reeks of corruption. Officials ask for bribes openly and pounce on unsuspecting weak prey, i.e. passengers who are not accustomed to such a milieu. There are security checks after security checks after security checks, and then there are passport checks after passport checks after passport checks, followed by security checks. I arrived with my family more than three hours before departure and only reached the waiting lounge next to the gate 20 minutes before flying. The only saving grace was the heckler who came to me as I reached the lounge asking if I needed a cuppa. He brought me my hot beverage and asked me to cough up an exorbiant fee for that. Exhausted, I shelled out the greens and sighed in relief when the flight departed from the hell hole. Unpleasant staff, unclean bathrooms, terrible food choices, senseless security that does not really work because of the bribe issues and a general rudeness and unstructured layout of just about everything. Worst is that I have to go again next year. No no no!
Have you been to Lahore Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Lahore airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- CIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside. Hours: unknown. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (Rs 200).
- CIP Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 6).
Free WiFi is available at Lahore Airport in the lounges. Connect to the “Wateen-Free-Wi-Fi Network”.
If sleeping in Lahore Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Pearl Continental Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers available (must be pre-booked).
- The Residency Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Roundtrip airport transfers available.
- Regency Inn Hotel - (20 min from the airport) Roundtrip airport transfers available.
- Hotel One Gulberg - (20 min from the airport) Airport transfers available.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Lahore Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Two ATM machines are located in the Arrivals Concourse Level -1. Both locations are open 24 hours.
- Baggage Carts - Free baggage trolleys can be found at the Drop Lane to Check-in Counters and Baggage Claim to Pick-up Lane.
- Currency Exchange - There are 3 foreign currency exchange offices (1) International Arrivals Lounge (2) Room # 2277 Departures Concourse Hall (3) Room # 1219 International Arrivals Lounge AIIAP Lahore.
- Food & Drinks - There are food outlets open 24 hours but I am not able to confirm which restaurants/locations.
- Prayer Rooms - There are separate areas for women and men. Location: Domestic and International Lounges. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
- Car Rentals - Car Rentals are available from Airport Tours AIIAP Lahore, located outside the terminal.
- Public Transportation - Unknown
- Taxis - A 24-hour taxis stand is located outside the terminal.
Last Updated: 07 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.