Lahore Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lahore Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
nice airport, international standards. neat and clean. proper temp, neat washrooms. every thing one should expect. - a traveller
photo credit: bukhari917
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Allama Iqbal International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large and busy international airport with a main passenger terminal and a separate terminal for Hajj religious pilgrimage travelers (seasonal use only). Shopping and dining options are limited.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Lengthy and inefficient airport procedures. There are so many security checkpoints and passport checks, you’ll feel like you’re running a gauntlet! One reviewer showed up three hours before his scheduled flight, and finally got to the gate with only 20 minutes before departure! Arrive early for your flight, with time to spare!
- Some reviewers reported repeated extortion attempts throughout the airport departure process. Watch out for those exorbitant “airport departure” fees!
Where to Sleep
- As of August 2016, we have no reviews from travelers who have spent the night at this airport. Write a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Lahore Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Lahore airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- CIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside. Hours: unknown. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (Rs 200).
- CIP Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 6).
Free WiFi is available at Lahore Airport in the lounges. Connect to the “Wateen-Free-Wi-Fi Network”.
If sleeping in Lahore Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Pearl Continental Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers available (must be pre-booked).
- The Residency Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Roundtrip airport transfers available.
- Regency Inn Hotel - (20 min from the airport) Roundtrip airport transfers available.
- Hotel One Gulberg - (20 min from the airport) Airport transfers available.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Lahore Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Two ATM machines are located in the Arrivals Concourse Level -1. Both locations are open 24 hours.
- Baggage Carts - Free baggage trolleys can be found at the Drop Lane to Check-in Counters and Baggage Claim to Pick-up Lane.
- Currency Exchange - There are 3 foreign currency exchange offices (1) International Arrivals Lounge (2) Room # 2277 Departures Concourse Hall (3) Room # 1219 International Arrivals Lounge AIIAP Lahore.
- Food & Drinks - There are food outlets open 24 hours but I am not able to confirm which restaurants/locations.
- Prayer Rooms - There are separate areas for women and men. Location: Domestic and International Lounges. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
- Car Rentals - Car Rentals are available from Airport Tours AIIAP Lahore, located outside the terminal.
- Public Transportation - Unknown
- Taxis - A 24-hour taxis stand is located outside the terminal.
Last Updated: 07 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.