Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Lahore Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
nice airport, international standards. neat and clean. proper temp, neat washrooms. every thing one should expect. – a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Allama Iqbal International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large and busy international airport with a main passenger terminal and a separate terminal for Hajj religious pilgrimage travelers (seasonal use only). Shopping and dining options are limited.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Lengthy and inefficient airport procedures. There are so many security checkpoints and passport checks, you’ll feel like you’re running a gauntlet! One reviewer showed up three hours before his scheduled flight, and finally got to the gate with only 20 minutes before departure! Arrive early for your flight, with time to spare!
- Some reviewers reported repeated extortion attempts throughout the airport departure process. Watch out for those exorbitant “airport departure” fees!
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Lahore Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Pearl Continental Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available. Reservations are required. » Check Rates
- The Residency Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available upon request, send the hotel your flight details for pick-up. » Check Rates
- Regency Inn Hotel – (20 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available upon request. » Check Rates
- Hotel One Gulberg – (20 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Lahore Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Lahore Airport in the lounges. Connect to the “Wateen-Free-Wi-Fi Network”.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available 24-hours. The machines are operated by National Bank of Pakistan, Allied Bank, and Muslim Commercial Bank. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans.
Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available free of charge. Locations: at the Drop Lane to Check-in Counters and Baggage Claim to Pick-up Lane.
Baggage Wrapping – Available for Rs. 190/- per piece of luggage in the International and Domestic check-in areas.
Banking Services – National Bank of Pakistan, Habib Bank, Allied Bank and Bank Al-Falah offer full-service banking in the airport from 9:00AM – 5:00PM.
Currency Exchange – PBS Exchange, National Bank of Pakistan, Habib Bank, and Dollar East Exchange Company offer services onsite at the airport. Currency exchange kiosks are located in the International Terminal check-in, concourse, and arrivals hall.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of any 24-hour dining options.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Passenger Facilitation Services (PFS) – Porters are available to carry your bags from the drop lane to check-in or from baggage claim to the pick-up area for Rs. 200/- (domestic terminal) or Rs. 400/- (international).
Prayer Rooms – There are separate areas for women and men. Location: Domestic and International Lounges. Hours: open 24 hours.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Lahore airport is served by the following airlines: Pakistan International Airlines • Turkish Airlines • Emirates • Qatar Airways • Saudia • Etihad Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
At least two public buses connect to the airport 24-hours, one of which (B-08) also drops off at several train station hubs. For schedules, please visit the airport website.
Taxis are available at the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.