Luang Prabang Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Luang Prabang Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
At the ticket counter 4 guards stared intently at my passport, for a long time, stamped it, then handed it back. Still without saying a word or a change in facial expression. - Macca
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Luang Prabang International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal airport with minimal shopping and dining options. There’s not much to do here, so have a book or a few magazines for entertainment!
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Luang Prabang Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Bangkok Airways Luang Prabang Lounge - Location: Airside, 2nd Floor, Departure Hall, near Gate 3. Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM. Lounge Access: Book Online (£23 - up to 3 hours or £35 - up to 6 hours - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
If sleeping in Luang Prabang Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Le Bel Air Boutique Resort - (6 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle.
- My Dream Boutique Resort - (7 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle is available upon request (email or call +856 71 252 853 to arrange).
- Luang Prabang Paradise Resort - (7 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle.
- Bellevue Bungalows - (7 minutes from the airport) Basic, budget lodging near the airport. No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Luang Prabang Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Food & Drinks - There is a restaurant
- Information Desk - Yes
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Some local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Prepaid taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. Stop at the Prepaid Taxi booth in the Arrivals hall to pay for your ride. You will receive a ticket to give to your taxi driver before boarding the taxi.
Travel like the locals do! If your load is light, you can travel at a fraction of the price of a taxi by taking a “tuk tuk”, which pass along the main road near the airport.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.