Macau Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Macau Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
i found a fantastic place to sleep in the macau airport on the top (3rd) level there are two elevators on each end of the airport. - brad
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Macau International Airport.
What to Expect
- A busy and modern single-terminal international airport with a variety of shopping and dining options.
- All food options close for the night, so have snacks and beverages handy for late-night snacking, if you plan to spend the night!
- Air-conditioning set to FULL BLAST! Have a sweater or travel blanket handy to keep warm!
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers in the past were able to sleep comfortably on the padded benches in this airport. These benches have all been replaced with cold, hard metal benches with armrests, probably to discourage lying down. You are welcome to sleep in this airport as long as you are sitting upright. Don’t even think about sleeping on the floor!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Macau Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Macau airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, near Gate 5. Hours: 5:00AM - 2:30AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (from MOP 400 - 600) • Book Online (£25 - up to 3 hours or £39 - up to 6 hours)
Free, unlimited WiFi is available at Macau Airport. Connect to the “Airport-Free-WiFi” or “Airport-Free-WiFi-S” networks.
If sleeping in Macau Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Golden Crown China Hotel - (8 min walk from the airport) Located just 100m from the Departures Hall of the airport, this is the closest hotel to the airport. Airport transfers available.
- Conrad Macao - (4 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle available, make reservations via email with the hotel.
- Grand Hyatt - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available. Shuttles run approximately every 20 mins to and from the airport between the hours of 10:00AM and 9:30PM.
- Best Western Taipa Hotel - (6 min from the airport) This budget hotel gets mixed reviews, but in a land of $200+ per night hotel rooms, it may be a welcome option for your wallet. Free airport shuttle service available hourly from 11:00AM to 5:30PM.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Macau Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located landside and airside. In addition, full-service banking is available airside on the departures level.
- Currency Exchange - Delta Bank offers currency exchange airside on the Departures level. First International Resources offers currency exchange from four kiosks, located landside and airside.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Sky Shilla Macau offers duty-free shopping at the North gates (Gates 1-4), while King Power Duty Free offers duty-free shopping at the South gates (Gates 5-8).
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Information Desk - Yes available. Location. • Departure public area • Departure international area • Arrival level. Hours: Not known.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Left luggage storage is available for MOP 10.00 per bag / per hour or MOP 80.00 per bag / per 24 hours, whichever is less. Location: Left Luggage Counter, landside, Departures level. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Smoking Area - Designated and well-ventilated smoking lounges are available at the north and south ends of the Departures Hall.
The airport is open 24 hours.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Happy Mokes. Location: unknown
- Ferry - To reach Hong Kong you can take a ferry from the Macau Ferry Terminal, which is a 10-minute drive from the airport. The ferry to Hong Kong is 55-minutes. Tickets can be purchased at the airport or ferry terminal.
- Long Distance Buses - Cross-border buses can take you major cities in Guangdong province. Bus companies have counters in the Arrivals Hall.
- Public Transportation
- Buses - For more information on local bus routes available visit the Macau Airport web site.
- Shuttles - Some hotels offer a free airport shuttle bus. Departure points are near the terminal's north exit in the parking lot. Buses depart every 15-20 minutes between 11:00AM and 9:00PM *.
- Taxis - Taxis are metered. The first 1,600m is MOP 15.00 and then MOP 1.50 for each 230m afterwards.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.