Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Macau Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
i found a fantastic place to sleep in the macau airport on the top (3rd) level there are two elevators on each end of the airport. – brad
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Macau International Airport.
What to Expect
- A busy and modern single-terminal international airport with a variety of shopping and dining options.
- All food options close for the night, so have snacks and beverages handy for late-night snacking, if you plan to spend the night!
- Air-conditioning set to FULL BLAST! Have a sweater or travel blanket handy to keep warm!
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers in the past were able to sleep comfortably on the padded benches in this airport. These benches have all been replaced with cold, hard metal benches with armrests, probably to discourage lying down. You are welcome to sleep in this airport as long as you are sitting upright. Don’t even think about sleeping on the floor!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Macau Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Golden Crown China Hotel – (8 minute walk from the airport) Located just 100m from the Departures Hall of the airport, this is the closest hotel to the airport. Airport transfers are available. » Check Rates
- Conrad Macao – (4 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available, make reservations via email with the hotel. » Check Rates
- Grand Hyatt – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available. Shuttles run approximately every 20 mins to and from the airport between the hours of 10:00AM and 9:30PM. » Check Rates
- Best Western Taipa Hotel – (6 minutes from the airport) This budget hotel gets mixed reviews, but in a land of $200+ per night hotel rooms, it may be a welcome option for your wallet. Free airport shuttle is available hourly from 11:00AM to 5:30PM. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Macau Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free, unlimited WiFi is available at Macau Airport. Connect to the “Airport-Free-WiFi” or “Airport-Free-WiFi-S” networks.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: landside and airside.
Banking Services – Full-service banking is available airside on the departures level.
Currency Exchange – Delta Bank offers currency exchange airside on the Departures level. First International Resources offers currency exchange from four kiosks, located landside and airside.
Duty Free & Shopping – Sky Shilla Macau offers duty-free shopping at the North gates (Gates 1-4), while King Power Duty Free offers duty-free shopping at the South gates (Gates 5-8). A 7 / 11 is available Landside (across from the Post Office) and is open 7:30AM – 11:00PM.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of any 24-hour dining options.
Information Desk – Yes available. Location. • Departure public area • Departure international area • Arrival level. Hours: unknown.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Left luggage storage is available for MOP 10.00 per bag / per hour or MOP 80.00 per bag / per 24 hours, whichever is less. Location: Left Luggage Counter, landside, Departures level. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Mobile Charging – A reader tells us that mobile charging is available in the departure hall.
Post Office – Here’s you chance to post those last minute postcards. Location: Landside.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking Area – Designated and well-ventilated smoking lounges are available at the north and south ends of the Departures Hall.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Macau airport is served by the following airlines: Air Macau • Air China • Thai Airways • Philippine Airlines • EVA Air • Asiana Airlines • Hainan Airlines • China Eastern • ANA.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The following car rental companies have desks at the airport: Avis • Happy Mokes. Location: unknown
To reach Hong Kong you can take a ferry from the Macau Ferry Terminal, which is a 10-minute drive from the airport. Tickets can be purchased at the airport or ferry terminal. For fares, schedules and information, visit the Macau Airport website.
Long Distance Buses
Cross-border buses can take you major cities in Guangdong province. Bus companies have counters in the Arrivals Hall.
For more information on local bus routes available visit the Macau Airport website.
Some hotels offer a free airport shuttle bus. Departure points are near the terminal’s north exit in the parking lot. Buses depart every 15-20 minutes between 11:00AM and 9:00PM.
Taxis are metered. The first 1,600m is MOP 15.00 and then MOP 1.50 for each 230m afterwards.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected]