Phuket Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Phuket Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
We wandered into a bathroom far away from the main hoards, and it was clean enough that i would have eaten off the floor. - Jamie and Kara
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Phuket International Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern and busy international airport with three separate terminals for domestic, international and charter flights. A wide variety of shops and restaurants are available, including some 24-hour dining options!
- A very thorough, lengthy and invasive baggage check procedure
- Free WiFi is available. See Airport WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Plenty of power outlets throughout the terminals.
Where to Sleep
- The best area for sleep is the 3rd floor, near the airline offices. The 3rd floor is the quietest and least busy of the floors, and there are some dimly-lit areas. Power outlets are plentiful, and comfortable padded seats can be found along the corridor connecting Terminals 1 and 2. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort!
- Have a sleep mask and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones to block out those bright airport lights and annoying overhead announcements!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
- Don’t like the shopping and dining options inside the airport? Additional shops, restaurants, convenience stores, and even airport hotels, are only a 10-minute walk from the airport!
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Phuket Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Phuket airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Coral Executive Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, Gate 7. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Coral Executive Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, near Gate 7. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM. Lounge Access: Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Coral Executive Lounge - Location: International Arrivals, Airside, 1st Floor, after customs and baggage claim. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM. Lounge Access: Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Phuket Airport. Connect to "@ AirportTrueFreeWiFi”. Follow the steps to register a user name and password. You will receive 2 hours free WiFi.
If sleeping in Phuket Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Phuket Airport Hotel - (600m from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle available on request. Call +66 (0)85 069 0738 or ask at the information desk (arrivals terminal) to call for you, wait by the TMB Bank directly to the left of the Arrivals terminal exit.
- Phuket Airport Overnight Hotel- (600 m from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle available on request, call 089-6043461 to book.
- Airport Mansion & Restaurant Phuket - (5 min walk from the airport) Reviews are mixed, but it’s one of the closest hotels to the airport. Reviewers state that free airport transfer service is included but no further info found.
- Phuket Airport 24/7 Hotel - (10 min walk or 3 min ride from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle available on request. For airport pick-up, call 0807185178 or 0900033945 and wait by the TMB Bank directly to the left of the Arrivals terminal exit.0807.
- Phuket Airport Inn Hotel - (10 min walk or 3 min ride from the airport) Airport shuttle service available ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Phuket Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are 13 ATMs located in the Arrivals and Departures Halls.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - There are 4 currency exchange counters in the arrival hall and one counter in the departure hall.
- Food & Drinks - There are restaurants available both Landside and Airside. A reader tells me that there are a few options available 24 hours a day.
- Information Desk - There are information booths in the centre hall of both floors at the terminal.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Yes. Location: Landside, 1st Floor, Domestic Arrivals Hall. Rate: 80 baht per item per day.
- Medical Services - If you require medical attention, the first aid office is located in the departure hall. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00PM.
- Pharmacy - Ves, Mermadia Pharmacy. Location: Terminal Hall Floor 2. Hours: Not known.
- Shopping - There are a variety of shops available throughout the airport, including 4 convenience stores.
- Smoking - Smoker can head to the Smokers Pub and Cafe. Location: TErminal Hall Floor 2. Hours: Not known.
- Spa - Visit the the Sauna and Spa for some relaxation. Location: Terminal Hall Floor 2. Hours: Not known.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Airport buses depart hourly and travel between the airport and Phuket bus terminal until about 6:30PM. At the time of this update, cost of a one-way ticket is 85THB. Smaller minibuses offer service to Phuket Town for 100THB, Patong Beach for 150THB and Kata Beach for 180THB.
Onsite car rental agencies include: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, National and Thai Rent A Car.
Chauffeured Car Hire
Prepaid chauffeured cars and limousines are available for hire from the Airport Limousine Counter. Staff can also help you arrange other modes of transportation from the airport to your hotel or destination.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Airport Mansion Phuket • Phuket Airport Hotel • Airport Resort & Spa.
Outside and to the right of the airport terminal exit, you will see a metered taxi stand with plenty of taxis waiting. Ask your driver about the estimated fare to your destination before you begin your journey. At the time of this update, fares between the airport and highly requested destinations range from 600THB - 800THB.
Last Updated: 21 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.