Port Blair Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Port Blair Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
It was hotter than a furnace! I was dripping in sweat.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Veer Savarkar International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal airport with clean facilities and minimal shopping and dining options. A new terminal is currently under construction, due to be completed sometime in 2018. Although the airport has limited flight service, the small terminal can get very crowded, with long, slow lines for airport check-in and security checkpoints.
- An hot and humid terminal, due to the tropical weather and lack of air-conditioning landside. Thankfully, the gated areas are air-conditioned, so let’s hope you can get through security quickly!
- Possible language barrier for English-speakers.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Port Blair Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information not available
If sleeping in Port Blair Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Diviyum Manor- (2 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- TSG Grand - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request, Rs 400 each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Port Blair Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - A bank is slated to open at the airport, no word if an ATM will be included.
- Baggage Trolleys - Available free of charge.
- Food & Drinks - There is a restaurant and snack bar available in the departures area.
- Shopping - Duty Free is available at the airport as well as a souvenir type shop.
Information not available
Information not available.
Last Updated: 21 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.