Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Port Blair Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
It was hotter than a furnace! I was dripping in sweat. – ammasgold
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Veer Savarkar International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal airport with clean facilities and minimal shopping and dining options.
- A new terminal is currently under construction, due to be completed sometime in 2018.
- Although the airport has limited flight service, the small terminal can get very crowded, with long, slow lines for airport check-in and security checkpoints.
- A hot and humid terminal, due to the tropical weather and lack of air-conditioning landside. Thankfully, the gated areas are air-conditioned, so let’s hope you can get through security quickly!
- Possible language barrier for English-speakers.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If sleeping in Port Blair Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Day Rooms – Rest rooms are available for transit passengers. There are 4 double rooms. Rates: Rs.1000/- per bed per day, or Rs.1500/- per room per day. Location: unknown.
- Hotel Diviyum Manor– (2 minute walk from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- TSG Grand – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request, Rs 400 each way. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Port Blair Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – A bank is slated to open at the airport, no word if an ATM will be included.
Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available free of charge.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available at the airport as well as a souvenir type shop.
Food & Drinks – There is a restaurant and snack bar available in the departures area.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of February 2018, Port Blair airport is served by the following airlines: IndiGo • Emirates • Jet Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The airport is connected to the public transport system. At the time of this January 2018 update, no further information is known.
Taxis and auto-rickshaws are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.