Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Port Blair Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
It was hotter than a furnace! I was dripping in sweat. – ammasgold
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Veer Savarkar International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal airport with clean facilities and minimal shopping and dining options.
- A new terminal is currently under construction, due to be completed sometime in 2020.
- Although the airport has limited flight service, the small terminal can get very crowded, with long, slow lines for airport check-in and security checkpoints.
- A hot and humid terminal, due to the tropical weather and lack of air-conditioning landside. Thankfully, the gated areas are air-conditioned, so let’s hope you can get through security quickly!
- Possible language barrier for English-speakers.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2019, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
If sleeping in Port Blair Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Day Rooms – Rest rooms are available for transit passengers. There are 4 double rooms. Rates: Rs.1000/- per bed per day, or Rs.1500/- per room per day. Location: unknown.
- Hotel Diviyum Manor– (2 minute walk from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- TSG Grand – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request, Rs 400 each way. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Port Blair Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated State Bank of India and Central Bank of India. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside.
Baby Care Facilities – A child care room can be found Landside.
Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available free of charge.
Drinking Water – Thirsty? There are drinking water facilities available both Landside and Airside.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available at the airport as well as a souvenir type shop.
Food & Drinks – There is a restaurant and snack bar available in the departures area.
Information Desk – An Information Desk is available in the Arrivals area.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Medical Services – Services are available at the First Aid Station, Landside.
Mobile Charging – Mobile charging stations are available both Landside and Airside.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
While it appears that this airport closes for several hours at night, as of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide.
As of February 2019, Port Blair airport is served by the following airlines: Air India • GoAir • IndiGo • Jet Airways • SpiceJet • Vistara.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The airport is connected to the public transport system. At the time of this February 2019 update, no further information is known.
Taxis and auto-rickshaws are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2019-02-05
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.