Surabaya Juanda Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Surabaya Juanda Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The check-in area at this airport is not open during the night to sleep, in fact, they said we could stay inside but that we were not allowed to lay down on the benches. - mariayoshiko
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Juanda International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small international airport with two separate terminals for domestic (Terminal 1) and international flights (Terminal 2).
- There have been reports of theft of personal belongings while in this airport, so keep an eye on your belongings at all times!
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Surabaya Juanda Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free WiFi and internet stations are available at Surabaya Juanda Airport. (update provided by a reader in October 2016)
If sleeping in Surabaya Juanda Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ibis Budget Surabaya Airport - Located in Terminal 1 (domestic). Free shuttle service to Terminal 2 (international).
- Halogen Hotel - (5 minutes from the airport) Located near Terminal 2 (international). 15 minute ride from Terminal 1 (domestic). Free airport shuttle to both terminals.
- Hotel Sinar - (5 minutes from the airport) There are actually three hotels in the Hotel Sinar Group (Sinar I, II, and III), and they are all located near each other. Free roundtrip airport shuttle (must pre-book) and day rooms offered in 3 to 6-hr blocks.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Surabaya Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Food & Drinks - There are restaurants and coffee shops available. At the time of this update, it is not known if any concessions are open 24 hours a day.
- Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a few other shops.
- Mobile Charging - According to a reader, there are a few sporadically placed mobile charging stations and electrical outlets throughout the airport.
The airport is open 3:00AM - 11:00PM. (update provided by a reader in October 2016)
Information not available.
Last Updated: 21 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.