Asunción Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Asunción Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I finally waved a 100 dollar bill in his face and a stamp was smacked into my passport allowing me to enter PY. He also gave me his phone number and told me to contact him if i had any problems and he would help me night or day. - Sebastian
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Asuncion Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny single-terminal international airport that one reviewer described as “safe and clean”
- Constant police presence through the night
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- All seats have armrests and are separated, leaving the floor as your only option for laying down. Have a travel mat or sleeping bag handy for a good night’s rest!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Asunción Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- VIP Gold - Location: Airside, between Gates 1 and 2. Hours: open 24 hours.
- TAM Airlines Salon VIP - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 1st Floor, between Gates 3 & 4.
Free WiFi is available at Asunción Airport. Connect to the "Tigo" Network.
If sleeping in Asunción Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Bourbon Conmebol Convention Hotel - (3 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request (+595 21 659 1000), $10.00 USD each way.
- Sol de Luque Casa Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request (call +5950971599799 to book), $10.00USD each way.
- Aparthotel Porta Westfalica - (14 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Westfalenhaus - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Asuncion Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Global Exchange - Location: Airside, 1st Floor, before the Duty Free, International Arrivals Area, next to Baggage Belt. Landside, in front of the International Arrivals door.
- Food & Drinks - Havanna Café - Location: Airside. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Information Desk - Location: International Arrivals Area. Hours: Open 24 hours.
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to the flight schedule.
Public bus service is available outside of the airport from 5:00AM - 8:00PM.
The following car rental agencies offer service onsite: ALSARC Rent a Car • American Rent a Car • Sudamerica Rent a Car • Travel Rent a Car.
Metered taxis are available 24 hours a day in the ground transportation area of the airport. At the time of this update, the approximate fare between the airport and Asunción is $18 USD.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.