Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Asuncion Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I finally waved a 100 dollar bill in his face and a stamp was smacked into my passport allowing me to enter PY. He also gave me his phone number and told me to contact him if i had any problems and he would help me night or day. – Sebastian
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Asuncion Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny single-terminal international airport that one reviewer described as “safe and clean”
- Constant police presence through the night
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- All seats have armrests and are separated, leaving the floor as your only option for laying down. Have a travel mat or sleeping bag handy for a good night’s rest!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- VIP Gold – Location: Airside, between Gates 1 and 2. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounge listed below. For more information, check the airline’s web site.
- TAM Airlines Salon VIP – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 1st Floor, between Gates 3 & 4.
If sleeping in Asunción Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Bourbon Conmebol Convention Hotel – (3 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request ($). » Check Rates
- Sol de Luque Casa Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request ($). » Check Rates
- Aparthotel Porta Westfalica – (14 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel Westfalenhaus – (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Asuncion Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Asunción Airport. Connect to the “Tigo” Network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Unknown. Hours: 24 hours.
Currency Exchange – Global Exchange – Location: Airside, 1st Floor, before the Duty Free, International Arrivals Area, next to Baggage Belt. Landside, in front of the International Arrivals door. Hours: 24 hours.
Duty Free and Shopping – Duty Free is available Airside. Hours: unknown.
Food & Drinks – Havanna Café – Location: Airside. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Information Desk – Location: International Arrivals Area. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Luggage Wrapping – Available. Location, fees and hours: Not known.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to the flight schedule.
As of October 2018, Asunción airport is served by the following airlines: Aerolíneas Argentinas • Amaszonas • American Airlines • Avianca • BQB Líneas Aéreas • Copa Airlines • GOL Airlines • TAM Airlines Paraguay.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Public bus service is available outside of the airport from 5:00AM – 8:00PM.
The following car rental agencies offer service onsite: ALSARC Rent a Car • American Rent a Car • Sudamerica Rent a Car • Travel Rent a Car.
Metered taxis are available 24 hours a day in the ground transportation area of the airport. At the time of this November 2017 update, the approximate fare between the airport and Asunción is $18 USD.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.