Campinas Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Campinas Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Just passing by, for my delight this brand-new Campinas airport is a beauty..... Perhaps better than the city itself! - Filipe
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Viracopos/Campinas International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, single-terminal international airport with clean facilities, several shops and 24-hour dining options.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- The airport is mostly quiet at night, except for the noisy cleaning staff. Have some earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy to ensure a good night’s rest!
Where to Sleep
- One review mentioned seating comfortable enough to sleep on is available in the 2nd floor food court.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Campinas Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Viracopos VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Upper Level. Hours: 8:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily).
- Lounge Azul - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Mezzanine Level. Hours: 6:40AM - 9:40AM • 2:00PM - 5:00PM • 8:00PM - 11:10PM.
Free WiFi is available at Campinas Airport. Connect to the “Linktel” Network.
If sleeping in Campinas Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Golden Park - (8 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Ibis Indaiatuba Viracopos - (8 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Campinas Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available 24 hours a day in T1 and International Departures (1st floor).
- Car Rentals - Avis • Hertz • Localiza • Maggi • Unidas.
- Currency Exchange - Banco Safra - Location: Landside, near Arrivals Hall, Terminal 1. Hours: 7:30AM - 1:00AM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Dufry offers duty-free shopping airside in the International Departures area from 5:00AM - 10:45PM. A variety of retail shops are available throughout T1 and International Departures areas.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
- T1, landside, Domestic Departures - Romana Café • Umrry Restaurante E Bar
- T1, landside, Check-In Hall - Fran’s Cafe
- International Departures, airside, Pier A, just after security checkpoints - Fran’s Cafe
- Information Desk - Location: T1, landside, 1st Floor. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available in the airport Clinic. Location: T1, landside, Check-In area. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Pharmacy - Drogasil. Location: T1, landside, Check-In area. Hours: 7:00AM - 11:00PM.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Several bus lines serve the airport, offering connections to Campinas, São Paulo, Jundiaí, Indaiatuba, and Vineyard. Visit the airport’s information desk for bus schedules and fare information.
The following car rental agencies are available on Level 0 of the parking garage: Avis • Hertz • Localiza • Maggi • Movida • Unidas.
Metered taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport, on Level 1 of Terminal 1.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.