Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Campinas Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Just passing by, for my delight this brand-new Campinas airport is a beauty….. Perhaps better than the city itself! – Filipe
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Viracopos/Campinas International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, single-terminal international airport with clean facilities, several shops and 24-hour dining options.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- The airport is mostly quiet at night, except for the noisy cleaning staff. Have some earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy to ensure a good night’s rest!
Where to Sleep
- One review mentioned seating comfortable enough to sleep on is available in the 2nd floor food court.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Campinas Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- SiestaBox – Single or Double Sleep Cabins come equipped with a TV, air conditioning, internet access and more. Location: Inside the Airport, Airside, Corridor C.
- Hotel Golden Park – (8 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Ibis Indaiatuba Viracopos – (8 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Campinas Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Campinas Airport. Connect to the “Linktel” Network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available 24 hours a day. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: T1 and International Departures, 1st floor.
Currency Exchange – Cotacao – Location: Landside, near International Arrivals Hall, Terminal 1. Hours: 6:00AM – 1:00AM.
Duty Free & Shopping – Dufry offers duty-free shopping airside in the International Departures area from 5:00AM – 10:45PM. A variety of retail shops are available throughout T1 and International Departures areas.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
- T1, Landside, Domestic, Arrivals: Romana Café • Umrry Restaurante E Bar (note this restaurant closes between 10:00PM Saturdays and reopens 6:00AM Sundays)
- T1, Landside, Check-In Hall: Fran’s Cafe
- T1, Airside, International Departures, Pier A: Fran’s Cafe
Luggage Wrapping – Protec Bag is available during open check-in times. Location: International Terminal (T1) – Near Check-in
Information Desk – Location: T1, landside, 1st Floor. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Massage – Massage Express is open 24 hours a day. Location: Airside, Domestic Terminal, Level 1. Information on rates and services is not known.
Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available in the airport Clinic. Location: T1, landside, Check-In area. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Pharmacy – Drogasil. Location: T1, landside, Check-In area. Hours: 7:00AM – 11:00PM.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of November 2018, Campinas airport is served by the following airlines: Azul • GOL • LATAM.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Several bus lines serve the airport, offering connections to Campinas, São Paulo, Jundiaí, Indaiatuba, and Vineyard. Visit the airport’s information desk for bus schedules and fare information.
The following car rental agencies are available on Level 0 of the parking garage: Avis • Hertz • Localiza • Maggi • Movida • Unidas.
Metered taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport, on Level 1 of Terminal 1.
Last updated: 2018-11-07
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.