Caracas Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Caracas Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
A few tables with bench seating. Once you get that spot, don't leave, someone else will come by and get it. The rest of the seating was chairs at tables. Not comfortable, but seemed perfectly safe. - HRies
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Caracas Airport.
What to Expect
- The Caracas airport has two terminals: International and Domestic. They are connected by a short walkway.
- There is one 24 hour restaurant, Arepa Grill, found landside.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Good sleeping spots are limited. One reviewer reported sleeping successfully landside in the International Terminal, on some of the bench seating at the Subway.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Caracas Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Caracas airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Premier Club - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, near Gate 1. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 62)
- Premier Club - Location: International Terminal, Airside, after Gate 12. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 62) • Priority Pass• Priority Pass
- American Airlines Admirals Club - Location: International Terminal, airside, Gate 25. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 59.00) • Admirals Club Membership.
Free WiFi is available at Caracas Airport. Connect to the "WIFIAEROPUERTO" network and enter the same name "WIFIAEROPUERTO". For more information go to the Passenger Service Modules, located in the International Terminal, transit area, gate 22.
Jet Coffee House offers internet in the International Terminal (airside, near Gate 14) Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM. Aeroconet Internet Cafe is also located in the International Terminal (landside, Level 3 Arrivals) Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM. ADV Internet provides internet in the Domestic Terminal (airside, near Gate 10) Hours: 6:00AM - 9:00PM
If sleeping in Caracas Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Eurobuilding Express Maiquetia - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available, 24 hours a day, every 30 minutes. From the International Terminal, go to Lower Level central doors (if you require help go to Quo Vadis American Express Travel Services). From the Domestic Terminal go to doors 9 and 10 (if you require help go to the Amigo's Car Rental office). It is not known if this service is free.
- Marriott Hotel Playa Grande - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Miramar Suites - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Caracas Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located throughout the airport, with most of them located on Level 3 east landside areas of both terminals. Airside ATMs can be found in the Domestic Terminal on Level 2 (near Gates 7 and 10) and the International Terminal near Gate 22 (opposite Digitel).
- Banking - Several banks are located in the Domestic Terminal (landside, Levels 2 and 3, east and west sides) and International Terminal (landside, Level 3, east and west sides).
- Car Rentals - Europcar • Budget • Avis.
- Chapel - Location: Landside, Level 3, West Wing. Hours: open 24 hours
- Currency Exchange - Italcambio has six locations: Domestic, landside, Level 1 east, opposite the Aserca Airlines counters • International, landside, Arrivals Hall • International, landside, Level 2, central corridors east and west • International, airside, opposite Gate 24 • International, Customs near Duty Free. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available in the International Terminal, airside, near Gate 16. A wide variety of book stores, souvenir shops, a minimarket and other shops are available in landside and airside areas of both terminals.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Arepa Grill (International Terminal, Arrivals, Level 3, Phase 1).
- Information Desk - Four locations: International Terminal, landside, Arrivals Hall • International Terminal, airside, Immigration • Domestic Terminal, landside, Arrivals Hall • Domestic Terminal, airside, central corridor.
- Massages - Prana Massage Location: International Terminal, airside, Gate 25 Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available at two airport medical units. Locations: International Terminal, airside, Gate 22, next to the Passenger Information and Assistance kiosk • Domestic Terminal, airside, Gate 3. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Mobile Charging - Location: International Terminal, Airside, gate 22 • Domestic Terminal, Airside, Gate 4.
- Pharmacy - Farmacia Saas Location: International Terminal, airside, Gate 22 (Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM) • Domestic Terminal, airside, Gate 2 (Hours: 6:00AM - 9:00PM)
- Post Office - iPostel Location: International, landside, west side opposite the escalators • Domestic, landside, west side opposite Laser.
- Spa & Salon Services - Privilegs Beauty Salon - Location: Public area (west side). Hours: 6:00AM - 9:00PM.
The airport is open 24 hours
Information not available.
Last Updated: 11 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.