Fortaleza Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Fortaleza Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The airport gives you the sense of total emptiness
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Fortaleza International Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean, quiet and modern airport
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- 24-Hour dining options are available
- Free mobile charging stations are readily available throughout the airport
Where to Sleep
- The third floor viewing platform offers views of the runway and a secure, quiet place to sleep.
- All of the seats have armrests, so have a sleeping mat or sleeping bag handy for those cold tile floors!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Fortaleza Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Sala VIP Casablanca Turismo Fortaleza - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, in front of Gate H. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM.
Free WiFi is available at Fortaleza Airport. Connect to the “INFRAERO wi-fi Gratis” network.
If you are not travelling with a mobile device, visit IB Cybercafé - Location: Airside, Observation Area. Hours: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
If sleeping in Fortaleza Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Montese Star Hotel - (12 minutes from the airport) Airport transfer service is available upon request. Approx. cost is R$25.00 each way.
- Assahi Motel - (13 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Amuarama Hotel - (14 minutes from the airport) Free airport pick-up is available upon request. Approx. cost is R$45.00.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Fortaleza Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available on the 1st Floor. The Banco do Brasil ATM is only open from 10:00AM - 4:00PM.
- Baby Care - Yes, baby care facilities are available on the Ground Floor.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Yes. In the Observatory. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Currency Exchange - Banco Safra offers currency exchange in the airport. Hours: 10:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
- Ground Floor - Casa Café • Casa de Frios
- Domestic Departures - Cachaçaria Ilha das Amêndoas • Casa do Pão de Queijo
- Food Court, 1st Floor - Bebelu • Casa do Pão de Queijo
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Ground Floor, next to check-in counters. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Luggage Wrapping - Protec Bag luggage wrapping service is available 24 hours a day in the Check-In area. Fee: unknown.
- Medical Services - Yes, available on the Ground Floor. Hours: 24 hours a day.
- Pharmacy - AirFarma - Location: Landside, First Floor. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Post Office - Location: 1st Floor. Hours: 8:00AM - 4:00PM (Mon-Fri).
- Shopping - A limited variety of gift shops are available.
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to the flight schedule.
If you’re traveling light, city buses offer an economical way to travel to and from the airport. Bus 404 “Aeroporto/Benfica” links the airport to the city center and Fortaleza main bus station. Bus 027 “Siqueira Papicu/Aeroporto” travels to and from Praça Portugal/Shopping Aldeota, near Meireles Beach.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis • Hertz • Localiza • Movida • Shop Rent a Car • Thrifty • Unidas.
Two types of taxis are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. “Regular” taxis run on a meter, while “airport” taxis offer a pricier fixed rate.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.