Managua Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Managua Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
A nap is impossible due to the noise...it seemed like people hang out at the airport for the sake of hanging out, regardless of whether or not they had a flight. - snowshoecat
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Managua Airport.
What to Expect
- A small and overcrowded international airport with limited seating, shopping and dining options. Some reviewers complained about the lack of proper signage around the airport and the hot and humid temperature inside the terminal.
- The presence of lots of heavily-armed security guards may comfort you...or not.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the Airport Guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Your only options are hard bench seats and the floor, so have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for comfort. A travel blanket is also handy for keeping warm in the cold, overly air-conditioned terminal.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Taxi drivers at the airport are very aggressive, so be firm and prepare to haggle! One reviewer suggested hiring a taxi out by the main highway outside of the airport for a lower fare.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Managua Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Sala VIP - Location: Airside, Second Floor. Hours: 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM. Lounge Access: Reservation required - Adults: US$ 30 + VAT - Children under 12: US$30.
Free WiFi is available at Managua Airport.
If sleeping in Managua Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Best Western Las Mercedes Managua - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service is available upon request.
- Hotel Camino Real Managua - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available, on request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Managua Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Bancentro, BAC, and Banpro ATMs are located landside. In addition, Banpro and BAC offer full-service banking in the airport.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Global Exchange - Location: Landside, International Arrivals / Airside, International Arrivals - Hours: 7:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available is available starting at 5:00AM in both International Departures and Arrivals areas. In addition, a souvenir shop is available landside in the public hall.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions operate in the food court from 5:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
The following car rental companies are available: Budget • Dollar • Hertz • Thrifty • Payless • Toyota Rent a Car. Look for the rental counters in the terminal’s Arrivals area.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.