Manaus Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Manaus Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Oh Lord this airport is a disgrace, I wonder how come a country like brazil is not ashamed to have such a thing (and that's because they are going to host the world cup and olympics)
photo credit: Nao lizuka / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Manaus International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small international airport with basic facilities and a small variety of shops and restaurants, including a few 24-hour dining options. The airport’s food concessions are expensive, so bring your own!
- Cancellations and delays due to inclement weather, even minor rain!
- There’s really not much to do here, so bring a book, a magazine or a game to keep you occupied.
- If nature is your thing, you’ll enjoy watching tortoises walk around the lake just outside of the airport.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the Airport Guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleeping area was mentioned, reviewers mentioned the lack of chairs and benches, so have a travel mat or sleeping bag handy for a comfortable night’s sleep.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Manaus Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Harmony Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside. Hours: 9:00AM - 6:00PM. Lounge Access: Book Online (£28.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Manaus Airport. A reader on Facebook tells us the service is "now is free for boarding pass holders (you need to put the barcode numbers to log in)"
If sleeping in Manaus Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Tropical Manaus Eco-Resort - (11 min from the airport) Airport transfers available if requested in advance ($).
- Hotel Millennium - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers available if requested 48 hours in advance ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Manaus Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available in Terminals 1 and 2.
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby care facilities are available in Terminal 1.
- Banking - Banco do Brasil. Location: T1, Arrivals lobby. Hours: 11:30AM - 2:00PM and 2:30PM - 3:00PM.
- Car Rentals - Hertz • Le Mans • Localiza • Movida.
- Currency Exchange - Confidence Câmbio e Turismo - Location: Landside, Terminal 1, Departures - Hours: open 24 hours.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available, along with a variety of shops selling books, souvenirs, jewelry and other items. A few shops are open 24 hours!
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
- Terminal 1 - Food Court Terrace: Bob’s • California Coffee • Pizza Hut
- Terminal 1 - Domestic Boarding Lobby: Casa do Pão de Queijo
- Terminal 1 - Domestic Departures Lounge: Coffee Square • Gula Guloso / Fast Temaki / Rei do Mate • Gelato Café
- Terminal 1 - Departures Lounge: Barbaran Bomboniere
- Information Desk - Location: Close to the Main Entrance, Terminal 1 and 2. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Malex do Brasil offers luggage storage. Rate: unknown. Location: T1, Arrivals lobby. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Luggage Wrapping - TrueStar offers luggage wrapping service in the Terminal 1 Check-In area during flight check-ins.
- Medical Services - Provided at the medical center. Location: 1st Basement Level. Hours: 24 hours.
- Pharmacy - Drogaria Flexfarma. Location: T1, Arrivals lobby. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Showers - Showers are available in a few bathrooms.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 24 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.