Montego Bay Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Montego Bay Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Suddenly the airport was getting empty, shops were closing, and the police approached us and told us we had to leave--they were closing the airport. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Montego Bay Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with a variety of shopping and dining options.
- The airport can get very hot and humid inside. Stay hydrated and wear cool, light clothing for your trip home.
- Everything runs on “island time” in Jamaica, so expect long, very slow lines at check-in and security checkpoints.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the Airport Guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. However, a past review indicates that overnight stays are not permitted here. Write a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Montego Bay Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Montego Bay airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Club Mobay - Location: International/Departures Terminal, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: 6:00AM - 9:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$35) • Book Online (£25.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Club Mobay Arrivals Lounge - Location: International/Arrivals Hall, Airside, opposite the Global Exchange Cambio and beside the Thrifty Car Rental Desk. Hours: 5:30AM - 9:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door
Free WiFi is available at Montego Bay Airport. Connect to the ”Digicel” network.
If sleeping in Montego Bay Airport does not appeal to you, there are non all-inclusive hotels near the airport:
- Toby's Resort - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers available for $10 per couple, each way.
- Palm View Guest House - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel ($).
- Mynt Retreat & Spa - (5 min from the airport) A boutique hotel/bed & breakfast lodging. Rates include breakfast, but no other meals or alcoholic beverages. Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel at booking ($).
- Deja Resort - (5 min from the airport) Free airport transfers are available upon request. The shuttle bus driver will be holding a sign with your name on it. If your flight is early you can wait in the "Groovy Grouper" restaurant located landside.
- Hotel Montego - (5 min from the airport) Free airport transfers available upon request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Montego Bay Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - National Commercial Bank • RBTT • Scotiabank - Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall / Departures Hall
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby changing facilities are located in Ticketing and Departure Concourse.
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes, available free of charge. Location: Baggage claim hall.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Global Exchange has four exchange offices in the airport. Locations: in the Immigration Hall, Ground Transportation Hall, Ticketing Hall and Departures area. Hours are in accordance with the airports operating hours.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available, along with a variety of shops selling souvenirs, local specialties and other items.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions in this airport operate with varying schedules, and all are located airside. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour options. Current dining choices include: Air Margaritaville • Auntie Anne's • Cinnabon • Cricket’s Sports Bar • Dairy Queen • Domino's Pizza • Island Deli • Jamaica Bobsled • Moe’s • Nathan's • Quiznos • Viva Gourmet Market • Wendy's.
- Information Desks - Locations: in the Ticketing Concourse, Departure Lounge, Ground Transportation Hall and Arrivals Public Area.
- Luggage Wrapping - Keep your privates private and your valuables valuable with Secure Wrap luggage wrapping. Location: Ground floor check-in.
- Showers - Showers are available in the Club Mobay Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ].
The hours are approximately 6:00AM - 12:00AM.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite in the Arrivals area, located after Customs: Avis, Budget, Hertz, Island Car Rental and Thrifty.
Several area resorts offer airport shuttle service as a convenience for their guests. Contact your hotel of choice for shuttle service availability and information.
Taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport. If you need assistance in hiring a taxi, a service desk is available in the public area of the Arrivals Hall.
Last Updated: 11 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.