Salvador Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Salvador Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
you can sleep at the first floor (terrasse) on the floor. the military police was cool with me, and all people work there too. - mathieu
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Salvador-Deputado Luís Eduardo Magalhães International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large, modern single-terminal international airport with clean facilities and a wide variety of shops and restaurants. 24-hour dining is available.
- Seating is sparse and uncomfortable.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Try the 3rd floor observation deck for a peaceful rest and beautiful runways views. Seats in the observation deck are uncomfortable, so be prepared with a sleeping bag or travel mat for added comfort while sleeping on the hard granite floor.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Salvador Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
Free WiFi is available at Salvador Airport. Connect to the ”Infraero WI-FI Gratis” network.
If sleeping in Salvador Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ibis Salvador Aeroporto Hangar - (5 min from the airport) The hotel provides free transfers from the airport to the hotel upon request. Transfers from the hotel to the airport cost BRL 15. Service is available daily from 8:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Novotel Salvador Hangar Aero - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle departs every 30 mins to/from the airport. No need to book. To find the shuttle, head to the ground floor (postal/lottery store exit door). Service is provided daily between 8:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Pousada Salvador Paradise - (7 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available for 25,00 Reais each way (stays of 5 nights or more get free airport transfers).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Salvador Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Banco 24 Horas • Bancos Bradesco • HSBC • Itaú • Unibanco S.A • Santander - Location: Landside, Main Hall.
- Car Rentals - Hertz • Localiza • Movida • Unidas.
- Currency Exchange - Confidence - Location: Landside - Hours: Open 24 hours / Gradual Turismo - Location: Landside. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a large selection of shops, most of which are located Airside.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were a variety of food concessions at the airport including a few that are open 24 hours.
- Information Desk - Yes, located on the Departures Level. Hours: Not known.
- Medical Services - Yes, available at the Medical Center, Arrivals Level. Hours: Not known.
- Pharmacy - Farmacia Santana. Departures Floor. Hours: Not known.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 15 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.