San Jose Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our San Jose Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
We asked several employees where the chapel was and they looked at us like we were crazy to think there was a chapel in the airport. - Suzanne & Brian
"I arrived arond 1am in the morning and there were no buses to San Jose that late. Being nearly broke, taxi was not an option so I asked the security guards whether there was a place I could sleep for a couple of hours. One of them told me to go upstairs to the departures. The entance is via the ramp on the side of the multy-stroy carpark. If one of the bridges/overpasses is closed, try the other one because one of them stays open all night. There are plenty of places to sleep once you get upstairs (even some chairs without armrests) and a cafe that is open 24h. Supposedly the have wifi as well.
Staff was nice and nobody bothered me or my fellow sleepers during the night."
Have you been to San Jose Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at San Jose airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- VIP Lounge Costa Rica - Location: Airside, 1st Floor, Gate 12. Hours: 500am - 800pm. Lounge Access: Book Online (£25.00) • Priority Pass.
- VIP Santamaria - Location: Airside, 3rd Floor.
Information not available
If sleeping in the San Jose Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport....
- Courtyard by Marriott - 700m/5 minutes from the airport. Free scheduled airport shuttle.
- Holiday Inn Express - free 24 hour airport shuttle.
- Hampton Inn Suites
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near San Jose Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - available before and after security.
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Budget • Dollar • Economy • Hertz . Location: Arrivals.
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food & Drinks - There is a 24-hour food concessions available: Lavazza (mezzanine, landside)
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
The terminal is open 24 hours.
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at San Jose Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
San Jose Travel Resources
- San Jose Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 11 October 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.