San Salvador Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our San Salvador Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Wow, El Salvador International Airport is the biggest, modern and beautiful airport of all Central America. - Finn
May 2016 - "It is very nice to return to this airport and to see that not only you can pass time much easier thanks to free wifi at the entire airport. Also when having a longer layover of 4 hours you can go to the immigration section, pay 15 USD with your airline (if the departure tax isn't included in your ticket) and then head into town with one of the buses (0.60 cents) that leaves behind the parking lot. The ride takes roughly 1 hour and drops you off right in the city centre. At the airport there are some OK food offers (mainly landside). Airside sleeping is possible, but there is a lack of comfy benches or resting areas. There are several lounges, which are not too fancy though. Also staff improved versus the last time and was friendlier in general."
Have you been to San Salvador Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at San Salvador airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Aeroconnections VIP Lounge - Location: Airside, near Gate 5. Showers are available. Hours: 6:00AM - 7:00PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (approx. US$25-35) • Priority Pass.
- Avianca Sala VIP - Location: Airside, near Gate 8. Showers are available. Hours: 6:30AM - 8:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$28) • Priority Pass.
Free unlimited wifi is available at San Salvador Airport.
If sleeping in San Salvador Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Quality Hotel Real Aeropuerto - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle
- Pato Canales Hotel and Resort - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near San Salvador Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: landside, near customs.
- Banking - According to a reader: "There is (at least used to be) bank teller just shy of immigration… do remember that US$ is the currency of legal tender. On the land side there are a couple of bank tellers (by the ATM)
- Car Rentals - Location: landside, across from customs.
- Currency Exchange - See banking information above.
- Duty Free & Shopping - There is no designated duty free shop, but there are a number of stores selling souvenirs, travel accessories etc.
- Food & Drinks - According to a reader: "Although there is not a food court/plaza there are a number of small restaurants with a large variety of food both in the air and land sides.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall.
- Showers - Showers are available in the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Terminal Quick Tips
- overnight sleepers are restricted to one gate area in an non-air-conditioned section of the airport.
Last Updated: 08 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.