San Salvador Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our San Salvador Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Wow, El Salvador International Airport is the biggest, modern and beautiful airport of all Central America.
"i took one of spirit airlines super cheap latin american flights that get you into the airports at really awkward times, like 1:30am in this instance. buses dont run at that time and the main part of the airport was closed, so i walked around to the front entrance where there were a couple security guards at a desk.
i asked them if there was anywhere i could nap for a few hours until buses started in the morning. they checked me out very carefully, asked me where i was coming from, where i was going and what was i doing in el salvador. they checked my passport, ran my bag through a metal detector and then told me that the main airport was closed but there was an empty hallway behind them that i could sleep in.
it was floor sleeping only, so not the most comfortable, but it was dark so i did sleep fairly good. and i definitely felt safe, the security guards there do their jobs."
Have you been to San Salvador Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Aeroconnections VIP Lounge - Location: near Gate 5. Showers are available. Hours: 6am - 7pm. Rate: approx. US$25-35
- Avianca Salones VIP - Location: Airside, near Gate 8. Showers are available. Hours: 630am - 8pm.
Free WiFi is available at San Salvador Airport near the gates (airside).
If sleeping in the San Salvador Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport....
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near San Salvador Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines -
Location: landside, near customs.
Banking - According to a reader: "There is (at least used to be) bank teller just shy of immigration… do remember that US$ is the currency of legal tender. On the land side there are a couple of bank tellers (by the ATM)
- Car Rentals - Location: landside, across from customs
- Currency Exchange - See banking information above.
- Food & Drinks -
According to a reader: "Although there is not a food court/plaza there are a number of small restaurants with a large variety of food both in the air and land sides.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Information not available
- Showers - Information not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Terminal Quick Tips
- overnight sleepers are restricted to one gate area in an non-air-conditioned section of the airport
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at San Salvador Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
San Salvador Travel Resources
- San Salvador Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 11 October 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.