About This Airport:
- > Airport Guide
- > Airport Hotels
- > Airport Hours
- > Airport Lounges
- > Airport WiFi
- > Services, Facilities & Things to Do At The Airport
- > Read all Reviews
- > Vote in the 2014
Best & Worst Airports Survey
San Salvador Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our San Salvador Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Wow, El Salvador International Airport is the biggest, modern and beautiful airport of all Central America.
"i took one of spirit airlines super cheap latin american flights that get you into the airports at really awkward times, like 1:30am in this instance. buses dont run at that time and the main part of the airport was closed, so i walked around to the front entrance where there were a couple security guards at a desk.
i asked them if there was anywhere i could nap for a few hours until buses started in the morning. they checked me out very carefully, asked me where i was coming from, where i was going and what was i doing in el salvador. they checked my passport, ran my bag through a metal detector and then told me that the main airport was closed but there was an empty hallway behind them that i could sleep in.
it was floor sleeping only, so not the most comfortable, but it was dark so i did sleep fairly good. and i definitely felt safe, the security guards there do their jobs."
The last review for this airport was in 2011. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- Aeroconnections VIP Lounge - Location: near Gate 5. Showers are available. Hours: 6am - 7pm. Rate: unknown
- Taca Salones VIP - Location: Airside, near Gate 8. Showers are available. Hours: 630am - 8pm.
Information not available
If sleeping in the San Salvador Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport....
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near San Salvador Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Car Rentals - Information not available
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food / Dining - Information not available
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Information not available
- Showers - Information not available
Information not available
Terminal Quick Tips
- overnight sleepers are restricted to one gate area in an non-air-conditioned section of the airport
San Salvador Travel Resources
- San Salvador Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 11 October 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.