Santa Cruz Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Santa Cruz Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
At 9pm everything closes, excect a very nice and cheap restaurant.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Viru Viru International Airport.
What to Expect
- A mid-size international airport with two terminals (International and Domestic), clean facilities and a few shops and restaurants
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleeping spot was mentioned, one reviewer spent the entire night hanging out in the airport cafe, where cheap good food and beer are available 24-hours.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Santa Cruz Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- VIP Lounge Santa Cruz de la Sierra - Location: International Departures, Airside, at the end near door 6. Hours: open 24 hours.
- The Lounge VIP - Location: International Departures, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours.
Free WiFi is available at Santa Cruz Airport. Connect to the “Entel” network.
If sleeping in Santa Cruz Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Sun Hotel - (9 min from the airport) Roundtrip airport transfers available.
- Los Trotamundos - (15 min from the airport) Dorms, luxury tents, and private rooms are available. Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel ($).
- Los Aventureros Hostel and Sleep-In - (25 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Santa Cruz Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: Landside, Second Floor.
- Car Rentals - Yes.
- Currency Exchange - Location: Landside, Second Floor / International Arrivals - Hours: open 24 hours.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Main Hall - Hours: open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Left Luggage service is available - Location: Landside, Domestic Arrivals Hall.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 15 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.