Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Santa Cruz Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
At 9pm everything closes, excect a very nice and cheap restaurant. – n&n
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Viru Viru International Airport.
What to Expect
- A mid-size international airport with two terminals (International and Domestic), clean facilities and a few shops and restaurants
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleeping spot was mentioned, one reviewer spent the entire night hanging out in the airport cafe, where cheap good food and beer are available 24-hours.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Santa Cruz Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Sun Hotel – (9 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport transfers are available upon request. » Check Rates
- Los Trotamundos – (15 minutes from the airport) Dorms, luxury tents, and private rooms are available. Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel ($). » Check Rates
- Los Aventureros Hostel and Sleep-In – (25 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers via taxi can be arranged directly through the hotel ($). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Santa Cruz Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Santa Cruz Airport. Connect to the “Entel” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: Landside, Second Floor.
Currency Exchange – Location: Landside, Second Floor / International Arrivals – Hours: open 24 hours.
Duty Free & Shopping – A duty free shop is available in the international boarding hall, airside.
Food & Drinks – There is only one food concession at this airport, located in the main hall, ground floor. Operating hours are unknown.
Information Desk – Location: Landside, Main Hall – Hours: open 24 hours.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Left Luggage service is available – Location: Landside, Domestic Arrivals Hall.
Medical Services – 24 hour Emergency Medical Service is available. Location: international arrivals, airside.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2019, Santa Cruz airport is served by the following airlines: Aerolíneas Argentinas • Air Europa • Amaszonas/Uruguay • American Airlines • Avianca • Azul • Boliviana de Aviación • Conviasa • Copa • Ecojet • GOL • LAN • LATAM Chile/Peru.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The airport is connected to the bus system. At the time of this February 2019 update, the day time fare is 6bs and at night it is 10bs.
Avis, Barbol, Barron’s, Budget and Europcar offer car rental services onsite. Location: international arrivals area, landside.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2019-02-15
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.