Santiago de Chile Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Santiago del Chile Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
BIG TIP: Second floor in the offices section, at the right hand end of the airport as you go in. There is the best cozy corner with lovely carpet and no one comes by all night." - Connor
Beware of aggressive taxi hustlers in the main hall upon exiting the baggage area. You can arrange for hassle-free taxis in the baggage area before you enter the main hall.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Santiago de Chile Airport.
What to Expect
- The Santiago de Chile airport has two terminals, Domestic and International, located in the same building. The terminal building is divided into four floors.
Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers recommend heading airside, in both the International and Domestic Terminals, for better sleeping spots and warmer temperatures. Check out the gate areas for seats without armrests.
- Some reviewers mentioned loud TVs and construction noise, so consider bringing earplugs or noise cancelling headphones.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel opposite the airport and several nearby hotels that provide an airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- As you pass from the baggage claim to the main hall, beware of agressive taxi drivers and their representatives who are known to grossly overcharge unsuspecting tourists. Instead you can arrange for a taxi within the baggage claim area at a fixed rate.
- There are several airport lounges you can pay to access. A few of them also offer showers. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Santiago de Chile Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Santiago de Chile airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Salones VIP Pacific Club - Location: National Terminal, airside, 2nd level, Gate 27. Showers are available. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 40) • Book Online (£25 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Salones VIP Pacific Club - Location: International Terminal, airside, near Gate 20A. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 40) • Book Online (£22 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- The Lounge - Location: International Terminal, airside, near Gate 20A. Showers are available. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£25 - up to 3 hours - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Voyage Lounge - Location: International Terminal, airside, between Gates 17 & 18. Showers are available. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 48)
- American Airlines Admirals Club - Location: International Terminal, airside, across from Gate 19. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 59) • Admirals Club Membership.
- Avianca Sala VIP - Location: Internatonal Terminal, airside, near Gate 12B. Hours: 4:00PM - 1:00PM (Daily).
- Delta Sky Club - Location: International Terminal, airside, near Gate 17.Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 59) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Santiago de Chile Airport.
If sleeping in Santiago de Chile Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Holiday Inn Santiago Airport Terminal - No airport shuttle. Located directly across the airport terminal.
- Hotel Diego de Almagro Aeropuerto - (5 min from the airport) Free 24 hour airport transfers (see below).
- Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport - (9 min from the airport) Free 24 hour airport transfers. See the TRANSVIP desk upon arrival to make arrangements. From the hotel to the airport please book 2 hours in advance.
Trans VIP provides free airport transfers to guests staying at the Diego de Almagro and Hilton Garden Inn. The service is offered 24-hours a day, every 30 minutes departing on the hour and half-hour. On arrival, proceed to the Trans VIP counter, on the Arrivals Level.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Santiago Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Banking Services - Santander Bank. Location: Airport Lobby, landside, 2nd floor. Hours: 9:00AM - 2:00PM Mon-Fri.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Come here for meditation, prayer or solace. Mass is held every Sunday at 11:00AM Location: Airport Lobby, landside, 1st floor Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Currency Exchange - Afex offers onsite foreign currency exchange. Location: International Terminal, airside, 3rd floor (Gate 15). There is also a landside location in Arrivals. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Duty Free and Shopping - Duty Free is available (2 of the 4 locations are open 24 hours).
- Food & Drinks - The following restaurants are open 24 hours a day: Gatsby (Public Airport, 4th Floor • International Terminal, 3rd Floor, Airside, Gate 17 • Domestic Terminal, 3rd Level, Airside, Gate 22) • Pronto (International Terminal, 3rd Floor Level, West Circular Building). In addition you will find five Mini Markets (operated by Mercadito, Mini Market and Maxi) located in both the International and Domestic Terminals which are open 24 hours day.
- Information Desk - Location: Location: Airport Lobby, landside, 3rd floor (one each at Gates 2 and 5). Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage - The airport has a fully secure left luggage facility. Location: Airport Lobby, landside, 1st floor (Gate 1)
- Luggage Wrapping - TrueStar Securebag offers fast luggage wrapping service. Location: Airport Lobby, landside, 3rd floor (one location each at Gates 2, 3 and 4) Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Medical Services - IST offers urgent and emergency care. Location: Airport Lobby, landside, 1st floor. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Pharmacy - Farmacias Cruz Verde Location: Airport Lobby, landside, 3rd floor rotunda east Hours: 6:30AM - 10:00PM (Mon-Fri) 7:00AM - 9:00PM (Sat,Sun).
- Post Office - Correos Chile Location: Airport Lobby, landside, 1st floor Hours: 8:00AM - 7:00PM Mon-Sun.
- Showers - Showers are available in the lounges. [ See Airport Lounges above ]
- Yoga - The airport offers free yoga classes 2 times per week. Locations: Gate 15. Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:00AM - 7:30PM. Nameste.
The airport is open 24 hours.
TurBus Aeropuerto bus route runs from the airport to select Santiago de Chile metro stations daily from 6:00AM - 12:00AM. The bus stops at Universidad de Santiago, Las Rejas and Pajaritos metro stations. The fare is $1.60 for a single-trip ticket and $2.80 for a round-trip ticket.
Centropuerto airport bus runs from the airport to select Santiago de Chile metro stations and bus stops on two different routes. The Los Heroes route runs daily from 5:55AM - 11:30PM and stops at the following metro stations: Universidad de Santiago, Las Rejas, Pajaritos, Centro and Los Heroes (Central Square). The Maipu route runs on business days only and goes to bus stops at five different intersections. The fare is $1.50 for a single-trip ticket and $2.90 for a round-trip ticket.
For safety reasons, those who wish to rent a car should do so from one of these reputable on-site agencies: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Econorent, Europcar, Hertz, National and Rosselot. Location: First Level, International Arrivals.
Transfer Delfos and Transvip offer 24-hr shared transfer service from the airport to your destination of choice via safe and comfortable minibus. The minibus stops are located at Domestic Arrivals, International Arrivals and First Level Central International Hall.
There are two types of taxis: Basic Taxi (black and yellow taxis), which run on a meter, and Tourism Taxis (blue taxis), which apply a fixed rate based on your destination. Executive service is also available. All passengers wishing to hire a taxi from the airport should do so at the Taxi counters, located before the exit gates inside of the Arrivals Halls. No prior reservation is required. Those who hire a taxi from the Taxi Counter will receive a ticket with their destination info, reference rate and the location of their taxi outside in the Via Controlada. Cash, credit card and debit card are accepted. Staff members are available in the Via Controlada to guide passengers to their taxis. Passengers may also skip the Taxi Counters and make arrangements directly with the taxi company or private driver of their choice. For safety reasons, arriving passengers should only use the official transportation offered by the airport.
Last Updated: 24 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.