São Paulo Congonhas Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Congonhas Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I had my sleeping bag with me so i just laid it out behind the information desk on the 1st floor. i had an excellent sleep. - Mohammed
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at São Paulo Congonhas Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern single-passenger airport served mainly by short-distance and regional flights. A small variety of shops and restaurants are available, including 24-hour dining options!
Where to Sleep
- Reviews are mixed on whether overnight stays are permitted at this airport. One reviewer reported that sleeping passengers were directed by airport security to leave the terminal and stay at the nearby Ibis Hotel. Another reviewer claims to have slept well during an overnight stay in one of the many hallway nooks on the quiet 3rd floor of the airport terminal (runway side).
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our São Paulo Congonhas Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Advantage VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Landside, Ground Level. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM. Lounge Access: Priority Pass
Free WiFi is available at Congonhas Airport. Connect to the “INFRAERO wi-fi Gratis” network.
If sleeping in São Paulo Congonhas Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ibis São Paulo Congonhas - (4 min drive from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Nobile Suites Congonhas - (11 min drive to the airport)
- Transmerica Executive Congonhas - (10 drive to the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle service available.
- Hotel Ponte Aerea - (13 min ride from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Congonhas Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Banco 24 Horas • Banco do Brasil • Bradesco • Caixa • HSBC • Itaú • Santander - Location: Landside, Main Hall.
- Baby Changing Rooms - Location: Landside, Main Hall / North Wing.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Cotação Exchange - Location: Landside, First Floor. Hours: Not known.
- Duty Free and Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were a variety of food concessions at the airport including a few that are open 24 hours.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Arrivals / Main Hall - Hours: open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Malex - Location: Landside, South Wing - Hours: 6:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Pharmacy - Location: Landside, South Wing - Hours: 5:00 AM - 00:00 AM (Monday - Friday) • 5:30 AM - 11:30 PM (Saturday, Sunday, Holidays).
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Buses depart from Guarulhos airport to Congonhas Airport, Republic Square, Bus Terminal Tietê and Barra Funda, Itaim Bibi, Paulista / Augusta Hotels Circuit and Tatuapé Metro Station.
The following car rental companies are available at Congonhas Airport: Avis • Hertz • Localiza • Unidas.
The closest metro station to the airport is Tietê (Line 1 – Blue). From there, a bus will be required to get to the airport. While Tiete is the closest, there are other stations that also provide direct connection to the airport via bus: Barra Funda (Line 3 – Red); República (Line 3 – Red) and Tatuapé (Line 3 – Red).
The Guarucoop cooperative has exclusive rights to operate from the airport. The fleet operates 650 air-conditioned vehicles and drivers are bilingual.
Last Updated: 17 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.