Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our São Paulo Congonhas Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I had my sleeping bag with me so i just laid it out behind the information desk on the 1st floor. i had an excellent sleep. – Mohammed
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at São Paulo Congonhas Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern single-passenger airport served mainly by short-distance and regional flights. A small variety of shops and restaurants are available, including 24-hour dining options!
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Reviews are mixed on whether overnight stays are permitted at this airport. One reviewer reported that sleeping passengers were directed by airport security to leave the terminal and stay at the nearby Ibis Hotel. Another reviewer claims to have slept well during an overnight stay in one of the many hallway nooks on the quiet 3rd floor of the airport terminal (runway side).
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in São Paulo Congonhas Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Ponte Aerea – (600 m from the airport) No airport shuttle. Taxis are available; however, the hotel is within walking distance. » Check Rates
- Ibis São Paulo Congonhas – (4 minutes from the airport) An airport shuttle is available every 20 minutes between 5:00AM – 11:15PM. The service is free from the airport and costs $5.00USD returning from the hotel to the airport. » Check Rates
- Nobile Suites Congonhas – (11 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle bus runs to and from the airport every 30 mins between 5:00AM and 11:00PM. No reservations required. To find the pick-up zone at the airport, head to the doors by the Latam Air check-in and look for the hotel shuttle. » Check Rates
- Transmerica Executive Congonhas – (10 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle is available. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes on the hour and half hour between 4:50AM and 11:00PM. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Congonhas Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Congonhas Airport. Connect to the “INFRAERO wi-fi Gratis” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated by Banco 24 Horas • Banco Real • Unibanco • HSBC • Itaú and Santander. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: Landside, Main Hall.
Baby Care Facilities – Location: Landside, Main Hall / North Wing.
Currency Exchange – Cotação Exchange – Location: Landside, First Floor. Hours: unknown.
Duty Free and Shopping – Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops.
Food & Drinks – At the time of this update there were a variety of food concessions at the airport including a few that are open 24 hours.
Information Desk – Location: Landside, Arrivals / Main Hall – Hours: open 24 hours.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Malex – Location: Landside, South Wing – Hours: 6:00AM – 11:00PM.
Medical Services – Available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Pharmacy – Location: Landside, South Wing – Hours: 5:00 AM – 00:00 AM (Monday – Friday) • 5:30 AM – 11:30 PM (Saturday, Sunday, Holidays).
Post Office – Drop off your last minute postcards at the airport’s post office. Location: unknown.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Travel Agencies – If you are arriving in São Paulo Congonhas and need local arrangements or help planning a really last minute trip abroad, there are a few travel agencies with offices at the airport that can probably be of assistance. ABAV, BBTur and Sweet Way all operate at the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2019, São Paulo Congonhas airport is served by the following airlines: Avianca • Azul • GOL • LATAM • NHT • Pantanal • TAP Portugal • WebJet.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Buses are available to connect to the International Airport of Guarulhos. If you are downtown Congonhas, there are buses that pass close by the airport. For fares, routes and schedules, visit the SPTrans website.
The following car rental companies are available at Congonhas Airport: Avis • Hertz • Localiza • Unidas.
The closest metro station to the airport is Tietê (Line 1 – Blue). From there, a bus will be required to get to the airport. While Tiete is the closest, there are other stations that also provide direct connection to the airport via bus: Barra Funda (Line 3 – Red); República (Line 3 – Red) and Tatuapé (Line 3 – Red).
Taxis are readily available outside the airport.
Last updated: 2019-02-15
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.