São Paulo Guarulhos Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Guarulhos Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The cleaning staff was LOUD and not respectful to us or other sleepers. Boo to them!
The airport sucks. Seriously it is one of worst serviced in the region. It was impossible to sleep as people was passing by constantly and there are no spaces to do so.
Being impossible to sleep I bought a voucher to connect to the internet, which cost me 20 bucks (us dollars) at gate 18. Well guess what, if you go online and buy it with a credit card it costs 5.
The whole design of the airport is old fashioned. Other reviewers mentioned some quiet areas to sleep but you have to walk a lot, and be lucky that this areas are open. Coffee is expensive, and restrooms are partially Ok.
Have you been to São Paulo Guarulhos Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at São Paulo Guarulhos airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Smiles VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Wing C, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£25.00) • Priority Pass.
- American Airlines Admirals Club - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Wing D, Mezzanine Level. Showers are available. Hours: 530am - 1130pm. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50) • Priority Pass • Admiral's Club Membership.
- Proair VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 2nd Floor. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: unknown
- Proair VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 12:00PM - 12:00AM. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Star Alliance Lounge - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Mezzanine Level, above the Duty Free Shopping Area. Hours: 12:00PM - 3:00AM. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
Free WiFi is available at São Paulo Guarulhos Airport. Connect to the “GRU WIFI” Network.
If sleeping in São Paulo Guarulhos Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Slaviero Fast Sleep - cabins and suites located inside the Terminal 2. Units are accessible in the National and International departures.
- Cesar Park - (2.8km) located beside the terminal.
- Marriott Hotel - (3.6km) free airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Guarulhos Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Bancos Bradesco • Itaú • Rede Banco 24 Horas • Unibanco • HSBC • Santander - Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall (Terminal 1/ 2). Caixa Econômica Federal - Location: Landside, Terminal 2, Mezzanine Level, C Wing. Banco do Brasil - Location: Landside, Terminal 1, Departures, B Wing.
- Car Rentals - Movida • Localiza • Hertz • Avis • Budget.
- Currency Exchange - Cotação – Câmbio, Change, Exchange - Location: Landside, Departures 1/ 2, Arrivals 2, Mezzanine 1 / 2 - Charges: Between 10/Rs - 20 /Rs. Hours: open 24 hours. Confidence Câmbio - Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall 1/ 2. Hours: open 24 hours. American Express – Foreign Exchange - Location: Location: Landside, Departures Hall, A Wing. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Food & Drinks - There are 24-hour food options located in Terminal 2 (landside): McDonalds (Check-In Area D) and Pizza Hut (Check-In Area C)
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Arrivals • Departures Hall, Terminal 1 / 2, Hours: open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Malex - Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall - Hours: Open 24 hours
- Pharmacy - There is a pharmacy located In Terminal 1, Check-In Area B. For more serious medical issues, the medical offices are located in Terminals 1 and 2 on the Mezzannine Level (landside).
- Showers - Showers are available in the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at São Paulo Guarulhos Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
São Paulo Travel Resources
- São Paulo Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 11 May 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.