Almeria Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Almeria Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
You should be a kind of adventurer to sleep there.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Almería Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and modern single terminal airport with very few shops and dining options
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Almería Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at this time.
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Almeria airport. Connect to the "kubiwireless" network. (SSID: Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA).
If sleeping in Almeria Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels within a 15 minute drive:
- Barceló Cabo de Gata - (9 minutes from the airport) This is the closest hotel to the airport. No airport shuttle is available. The hotel suggests a taxi for approx. 20,00€ each way.
- Cabogata Garden - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available via private transfer($).
- Albergue Inturjoven Almeria - (12 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Almeria Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are two cash machines at the airport. Locations: Floor 0, Departures Hall.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available from 6:30AM - 9:00PM in the Departures Area (airside, Floor 1). Newspapers, magazines, snacks, and travel goods are available for purchase from the convenience store in the airport lobby.
- Food & Drinks - The airport has two dining options: Abades Air (Location: Departures, landside, Floor 0. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM.) • On Time Break & Food (Location: Departures, airside, Boarding Area - Floor 1. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM).
- Information Desk - Location: Floor 0, Check-in Area.
- Luggage Storage - Not available
- Observation Terrace - Location: Floor 1
- Pharmacy - Farmacia. Location: Departures, landside, Floor 0. Hours: 8:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Police - The Police can be found at Floor 0, Departures Hall and the Civil Guard can be found at Floor 0, Baggage Claim.
- Showers - There are no showers at this airport.
The airport is open from 6:15AM - 9:45PM (winter hours) or 5:10AM - 8:45PM (summer hours).
Almeria Airport is served by Bus Route 22 (Estación Intermodal-Aeropuerto-Alquián), which runs daily to and from Almeria city center. Departures are available every 1 hour and 10 minutes, from 6:45AM (to the airport) or 7:10AM (to the city), for the 35 minute trip. Last departure is at 9:45PM (to the airport) or 10:10PM (to the city). Bus fare is €1,05.
Europcar, Goldcar and Hertz are available onsite in the Arrivals Hall.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area, just outside of the Arrivals Hall. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. Fares are slightly higher from 10:00PM - 6:00AM on weekdays, throughout the day and night on weekends and public holidays, and during the Christmas/New Year holiday week. Extra fees apply for trips to/from the airport. At the time of this update, there is a minimum fare requirement of € 11.93 for trips between the airport and Costacabana, Cañada de San Urbano or Alquián.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.