Bari Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bari Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
after a 3 km walk from the highway to the airport (scaryyy) I got there.
photo credit: Utente Podollo / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bari Karol Wojtyła Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but clean and modern airport with limited shopping and dining options.
- A major language barrier, with airport staff that seem to speak or understand little or no English. One reviewer reported rude and unhelpful staff and communication issues, which led to a confusing and upsetting experience for passengers who don’t speak Italian.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers suggest sleeping on the airport’s top floor. With low foot traffic and ample floor space, you should be able to get a good night’s rest. Have a travel mat and blanket handy for added comfort! You’ll also need a sleep mask and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones to block out the airport’s bright lights and the loud noise from the overnight cleaning crews.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bari Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Sala VIP - Location: unknown. Hours: unknown. Lounge Access: Online Booking (25,00€)
Free WiFi is available at Bari Airport, connect to the “Linkem Free network”. To log in you need an email address and an Italian cell phone number OR register with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Linkedin account.
If sleeping in Bari Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- B & B Simpson - (5 min from the airport) Located next to the airport, but it’s a 25 minute walk. The hotel will provide a transfer upon request. The cost is 10,00€ each way.
- B & B FLY - (5 min from the airport) Located right next to the airport, but it’s a 25 minute walk so you might prefer to take a taxi.
- Parco Dei Principi Hotel Congress & Spa - (5 min from the airport) A 24-hour shuttle is available for a fee (8,00€ each way). Once you have collected your luggage call +39 080 539 48 11 and head outside to wait.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bari Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: Landside, Departures Level and Arrivals Level.
- Baby Care - The airport offers several baby care rooms.
- Banking - Banco Popolare Pugliese has kiosks landside, on both Departures and Arrivals floors, and airside on the Departures Floor east wing. Hours: unknown.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Location: Landside, Arrivals Level
- Currency Exchange - Best & Fast Change offers currency exchange service landside in the Arrivals Atrium. Hours: unknown.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Traveller’s World offers duty-free shopping airside. A variety of retail shops are located both landside and airside.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Information Desk - Yes, located on the departure level beside the ticket office.
- Luggage Storage - not available
- Pharmacy - Location: Airside. Hours: unknown.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours, with modified hours in event of construction work.
AMTAB Bus 16 is a regular city bus service between the airport and Aldo Moro Square (Piazza Aldo Moro) that runs daily from 4:45AM - 11:00pm. There are multiple stops along the way in either direction, and total one-way trip time is 45 minutes. For route map, schedule and fare information, visit the AMTAB website.
Tempesta offers express service between the airport and Bari Centrale railway station, via Andrea Da Bari 44 (in the direction of the airport). Total trip time is 30 minutes, and a single-ride ticket costs € 4. For route map, schedule and additional fare information, visit the Tempesta AutoServizi website.
Pugliairbus links Bari Airport with Foggia Railway Station (via Foggia Gino Liso Airport), Matera (UNESCO World Heritage Site), Rodi-Peschici, Taranto Railway Station and Brindisi Airport through four different bus routes. Some routes are seasonal. Tickets are sold online, or you can buy a ticket on board if seats are still available. For route maps, schedules, fares and ticket purchase, go to the Puglia Vola website.
Onsite car rental agencies include AutoEuropa/Sicily by Car, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Locauto, Maggiore Rent and Sixt.
Taxis are located in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Bari Aeroporto Railway Station is connected to the airport by underground walkway. The station has two platforms, which receive trains on the FR2 and FM2 regional train service. The FR2 line runs between Barletta, Andria, Bitonto, the airport and central Bari. The FM2 line runs between Bitonto, the airport and central Bari. Tickets sold online are one-way only, and must be printed and used on the day they are issued. For ticket purchase, visit the Puglia Vola website.
Last Updated: 27 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.