Belgrade Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Belgrade Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I was woken up by a security guard asking if I was sick since i was sleeping there. I said "no, I'm just tired" and he ordered me to stand up and move away from the area. -elsebeth
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport.
What to Expect
- The Belgrade airport has two terminals, closely connected by a hallway.
- There are 24 hour concession options both landside and airside.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers reported a range of good sleeping choices both landside and airside. The benches and couches found in the Duty Free area are mentioned as a stand-out option.
- Airside is reportedly quieter than landside. If you plan to sleep landside, consider bringing earplugs or noise cancelling headphones with you.
- A couple reviewers mentioned cold temperatures, particularly near the reception area. You may want to pack a warm sweater and blanket.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Free showers are available. For their location, ask the office near gate C2, by the staff toilets.
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Belgrade Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Business Club - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, between Gate A4 and A5. Hours: 5:30AM - 1:00AM (Daily).
- Air Serbia Premium Lounge - accessible to Business class travellers only. Location: Airside, near gates A5 and A6. Hours: open 24 hours.
Free WiFi is available at Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport. Connect to the “UniFi” network, then enter the word “unifi” for Identity, Anonymous Identity and Password. Telekom Srbija and Telenor also offer free WiFi in the airport, for up to 15 minutes.
If sleeping in Belgrade Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Zeder - (10 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available.
- B Hotels - (12 min from the airport) Airport transfers available.
- Villa Forest - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($)
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Belgrade Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Locations: T1, airside, International Arrivals • T2, landside, Ground Floor • T2, landside, 1st Floor • T2, airside, International Arrivals • T2, landside, International Arrivals
- Baby Care Facilities - Kitchen, changing tables, washbasin, restroom, play area and more are available in the airport’s Babycare rooms. Locations: T1, landside, 1st Floor • T2, airside, opposite Air Side Restaurant Hours: 5:30AM - 12:00AM (open 24 hours during summer high season).
- Banking - Komercijalna Bank offers full-service banking in the airport. Location: T2, Ground Floor Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM (Mon-Fri).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Area - Four playrooms are available. Locations: landside, across from Galeb 2 restaurant • airside, between Gates A4-5 and A6 • the other two playrooms are located in the Babycare rooms at T1 and T2.
- Currency Exchange - Exclusive Change is open 24 hours in International Arrivals. Foreign currency exchange machines are available 24 hours a day in these locations: T1, landside, Ground Floor • T2, airside, near Gate A2 • International Arrivals, landside, near the Baggage Reclaim carousels.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping in available in the Dufry main shop. Location: T2, airside Hours: Open 24 hours A variety of retail shops are also available in the airport.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Land Side Restaurant (T2) • Air Side Restaurant (in front of Gate A4).
- Information Desk - Location: Terminal 2, Landside.
- Luggage Trolleys - Available for free in designated areas of the airport.
- Luggage Wrapping - Available at a rate of RSD 380 per piece. Location: T1 and T2, near the Check-In area
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the Airport First Aid Station. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Pharmacy - Lilly Drogerie Location: T2, airside, across Gate C1/2. Hours: 6:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Post Office - Pošta Srbije Location: T2, landside, 1st Floor Hours: 8:00AM - 7:00PM Mon-Fri (closed at 2:00PM on Sat).
- Showers - Available in the Air Serbia Premium Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Transfer Counter - if you are in transit and need to re-check-in for your connecting flight, you should contact the transfer check-in counter located between gates A1 and C 1/2.
The airport is open 24 hours. Operational hours are 5:00AM - 11:00PM.
PTC Belgrade bus line 72 travels between the airport and Zeleni Venac Square in downtown Belgrade, with a total one-way trip time of 30 - 40 minutes. Single-trip tickets are RSD 89, available for purchase at PTC bus ticket kiosks. For RSD 150, you can purchase a multi-ride ticket, good for up to 90 minutes of bus travel from the time of validation. For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the BusPlus website.
Minibus A1 offers scheduled service between the airport and Slavija Square in a 30-minute journey (one way). Single-ride tickets are sold on the bus at RSD 300 per person. For route map and timetable, visit the Nikola Tesla Airport website.
Car rental services are handled in Terminal 2, International Arrivals area. The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis • Budget • Dollar • Europcar • Hertz • National / Alamo • Sixt • Thrifty and more.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Centar Guesthouse • City Code Spa • City Code Vizura Garni Hotel • Euro Garni Hotel • Hotel Zeder • Tulip Inn Putnik Belgrade • Villa Forest.
Airport taxis charge for their services according to a six-zone fare map. To hire a taxi from the airport, go to the “Taxi Info” desk in the baggage claim area, where a representative will locate your destination on the zoned map and hand you a receipt, displaying both your destination and the price for your trip. Present this receipt to your driver before the journey begins.
Last Updated: 03 October 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.