Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or are just quickly passing through, our Belgrade Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I was woken up by a security guard asking if I was sick since i was sleeping there. I said “no, I’m just tired” and he ordered me to stand up and move away from the area. -elsebeth
BEG Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport.
What to Expect
Belgrade Airport (code: BEG) consists of two terminals connected by a walkway. The terminals contain several bars and restaurants and almost a dozen shops. WiFi and mobile charging stations are available. For additional comfort, economy-class passengers can pay to access one of the airport’s private lounges, one of which offers showers. Airport Lounges in the guide below for locations and rates.
Sleeping in Belgrade Airport
Travellers report that airport staff and security are accommodating to overnight sleepers and that plenty of spots are conducive to sleeping, especially on the airside, where you will find carpet floors and armrest-free chairs and benches. The restaurant area on the landside is equipped with several armless sofas perfect for night sleepers. A few reviewers mentioned cold temperatures and noise, particularly in the landside area. You may want to pack a warm sweater/blanket and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones. Otherwise, the terminals are described as clean, safe and quiet at night. For uninterrupted sleep, there are several hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the guide below or read traveller airport reviews for more tips.
Good to Know
Along with showers in the Air Serbia Premium lounge, the airport reportedly has new public showers that can be accessed by asking personnel in the office near Gate C2 for the key.
To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos. You can also visit the airport’s website for current information. For more airport information, continue scrolling down to explore more in our Belgrade Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Air Serbia Premium Lounge – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, near gates A4 and A5. Hours: 5:00 AM – 8:00 PM. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge pass.
- Business Club – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, between Gate A4 and A5. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
Related Pages: Belgrade Airport Lounges
If sleeping in the airport sounds like a nightmare, there are hotels near Belgrade Airport:
- Hotel Mar – No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel Zeder – Airport shuttle is available ($). » Check Rates
- Novel Inn – No airport transfers are available. » Check Rates
- Bleecker Hotels – No airport transfers are available. » Check Rates
- Holiday Inn Belgrade – Airport shuttle is available ($). » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Belgrade Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Unlimited free WiFi is available at the airport. Connect to the “Airport Belgrade Free” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Museum – Temporarily Closed – Aviation enthusiasts will enjoy exploring this 10,700 sq. m space filled with fighter planes and other memorabilia. Location: adjacent to the airport.
- Murals – Paintings dating back 50 years can be found throughout the terminal.
- Post Office – Pošta Srbije Location: T1, landside, Ground Floor.
- SIM Cards – A reader has asked us to include where to buy SIM Cards. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Kitchen, changing tables, washbasin, restroom, play area, and more are available in the airport’s babycare rooms. Locations: T1, landside, 1st Floor • T2, airside, opposite Air Side Restaurant (this location includes a resting area for parents). Hours: 24 hours.
- Children’s Area – Four playrooms are available. Locations: landside, across from Galeb 2 restaurant • airside, between Gates A4-5 and A6 • the other two playrooms are located in the Babycare rooms at T1 and T2.
- Gaming – Gaming consoles are available free of charge. Hours: Fri-Mon: 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM • Tue-Thur: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout both terminals operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Information Desk – Location: T2, landside, Ground Floor. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Transfer Counter – If you are in transit and need to re-check-in for your connecting flight, you should contact the transfer check-in counter located between gates A1 and C 1/2.
- Travel Agencies – If you are arriving in Belgrade and need local arrangements or help planning a last-minute trip abroad, there is a travel agency in the hall connecting terminals 1 and 2).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
- Luggage Trolleys – Available for free in designated areas of the airport.
- Luggage Wrapping -Locations: T1 and T2, near the Check-In area. Rates: 900 RSD (foil only), 1100 RSD (foil and bubble). Baggage weighting is also available at the price of 100 RSD. Hours: 24/7.
- Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the Airport First Aid Station. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Pharmacy – Lilly Drogerie Location: T2, airside, across Gate C1/2. Hours: 5:30 AM – 11:00 PM.
- Mobile Charging – Mobile charging stations are available in the transit and gated areas.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available in both terminals. Fees may apply, so check your bank’s fee schedule and daily withdrawal limit if you travel internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: T2 • International Arrivals Area • Baggage Claim Area. Hours: 24/7.
- Banking Services – Information not available.
- Currency Exchange – There are currency exchange offices and machines available:
- MG PINK – Location: International Arrivals. Hours: 8:30 AM – 9:00 PM (Mon-Sun).
- VIP Sistem – Location: T1. Hours: 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM (Mon-Sun).
- Alta System – Location: International Arrivals. Hours: 24 hours (Mon-Sun).
- Monet – Hours: Location: International departures and arrivals. Hours: 24 hours (Mon-Sun).
- Foreign currency exchange machines are available 24 hours a day in these locations: T1, landside, Ground Floor • T2, airside, near Gate A2 • International Arrivals, landside, near the Baggage Reclaim carousels.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – Big, comfy chairs, benches and footstools are available in the Transit Area, next to gates A2-A3, A4-A5 and C2-C3. Mobile chargers are also available. In Terminal 1 (Upper level), comfy couches and large stools are surrounded by fresh greenery.
Take precautions even when sleeping in the rest zones. In December 2019, a traveller at another airport reported that money and credit cards had been stolen from their bag even though the bag was right beside them. Protect and lock your bags as you would sleeping elsewhere in public.
- Duty-Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available airside 24 hours a day in T2. In addition, a variety of retail shops are also available, including three locations of Hudson News.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Salon – unknown
- Showers – Available in the Air Serbia Premium Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Spa – unknown
The airport is open 24 hours. Operational hours are 5:00AM – 11:00PM.
Belgrade airport is served by the following airlines: Aegean Airlines • Aeroflot • Air Cairo • Air France • Air Serbia • Air Montenegro• Arkia Israeli Airlines • Austrian Airlines • Belavia • EasyJet • Etihad Airways • flydubai • KLM • LOT • Lufthansa • Luxair • Norwegian • Pegasus Airlines • Qatar Airways • Red Wings • Swiss • TAROM • Transavia • Tunisair • Turkish Airlines • Wizz Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
BEG airport is connected to the bus system via three different lines. PTC Belgrade bus line 72 travels between the airport and Zeleni Venac Square in downtown Belgrade. PTC Belgrade bus line 607 connects to Surčin – Novi Beograd. Minibus A1 offers scheduled service between the airport and Slavija Square in a 30-minute journey (one way). For routes, fares and schedules, Nikola Tesla Airport website.
Car rental services are available in Terminal 1 and 2, International Arrivals area. There are at least 20 car rental agencies onsite, including: Rent a car EFEX • AutoUnion Car Rental • Auto rent • Avis • Budget • Carwiz • Dollar • Enterprise • Europcar • Green Motion • Mega Rent • Hertz • Menadžer Express • Mobility • Moris • Sixt • Unirent • YU tim.
At the time of this update we were unable to find any hotels offering an airport shuttle, but many can arrange private airport transfers for a fee. See also Airport Hotels above.
Airport taxis charge for their services according to a six-zone fare map. To hire a taxi from the airport, go to the “Taxi Info” desk in the international arrivals area, where a representative will locate your destination on the zoned map and hand you a receipt, displaying both your destination and the price for your trip. Present this receipt to your driver before the journey begins.
Last updated: 2023-08-15
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, is subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers, and their websites. We are not representatives of any of the above-mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.