In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Birmingham Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The far end of the D concourse was very quiet and had some seats without arms. This area is set up for US Airways, possibly their connection carriers - but it was not in use at all on this Saturday. -bexar4
I didn't plan to stay the night, but my flight was very delayed (and eventually cancelled) and I ended up spending 12 hours there. The boarding area was large, brightly lit, with plenty of waiting seats and computers with Internet access (no Free WiFi though). Most shops were closed some time after midnight, except for the duty free shopping store and a pub called Yates' Bar, which served drinks and food all night. There were a few reclining armchairs to sleep on, but other chairs were good enough for me. Even though most of them had armrests, it was possible to find two seats next to each other without one on which you could lie and stretch your legs a bit. However, I don't think that they would normally let anyone get in this area after the last flight. That night there were several fire alarm testing a couple of times, which was kind of disturbing. But if you're really looking for free airport accommodation, maybe the cushioned seats on the ground floor of Terminal A's check-in area near the escalators will do. All in all, I'd say the flight was horrible, but the airport itself was not too bad to stay over night.
Have you been to Birmingham Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Birmingham airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Aspire Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, follow signs for Gates 1-20. Hours: varies. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£18.99) • Priority Pass.
- No. 1 Lounge - Location: Airside. Hours: 5am - 9pm. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£22.50) • Priority Pass.
Free WiFi is available at the Birmingham Airport.
If sleeping in airports does not appeal to you, there are hotels at Birmingham Airport as well as many other hotels nearby:
- Etap Hotel - budget hotel located at the airport
- Premier Inn
- Novotel Hotel - located across from the terminals, 2-minute walk from Terminals 1 and 2
- Ibis Hotel
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Birmingham Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Luggage Trolleys - Locations: various. Rate: £1 or €2 (non-refundable)
- Car Rentals - Avis • Budget • Enterprise • Europcar • Hertz • National. Location: Arrivals Area.
- Food & Drinks - Several food and beverage concessions both landside and airside. Below are the 24-hour food options:
Landside: Costa Coffee (Arrivals Hall) • Estpresso
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Lost Property Office on the First Floor
- Prayer Room - There is a multi-faith prayer room located on the Ground Floor, behind desk 28. Hours: 4am - 10pm
- Showers - Information not available
open 24 hours
If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, post a question on our Facebook Page. If you post a question, remember to mention the airport or nobody will understand what you are asking about.
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Birmingham Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Birmingham Travel Resources
- Birmingham Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 13 December 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.