Bodø Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bodø Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The SAS check-in employee told me that it wouldn't be a problem to sleep in the aiport, although it closes at night, I should just talk to the security staff. -Torstein
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bodø Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and modern airport terminal with a small selection of shopping and dining options. Restaurants close at night, so have food and beverages handy for later!
- Travelers who spent the night at this airport did so due to overnight layover or early flight departure.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overall, travelers who spent the night at this airport describe a safe, quiet and comfortable experience.
- Airport staff is tolerant of airport sleepers. As long as you show them your proof of onward travel and let them know you plan to spend the night, you likely will not be hassled.
- The airport closes at night, so you will be locked in.
- Comfortable padded armrest-free benches are available in the main hall near the airport entrance, with power outlets nearby.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bodø Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Bodø Airport for two hours. Connect to the "Airport" network and select “FREE WI-FI”. You can log in for more free time again after your 2 hours expires or upgrade to a paid, faster service if you like.
If sleeping in Bodø Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Thon Hotel Nordlys - (4 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Skagen Hotel - (4 min from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel suggests a taxi for approx. 130,- NOK.
- Radisson Blu Hotel - (4 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bodø Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Nordea Bank ATMs are located on the ground floor, by the Narvesen kiosk, and on the 1st Floor Departures Hall, near Brygghuset Bar.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available 24 hours a day to passengers departing and arriving on international flights. Travel Value duty-free shop is available to passengers departing and arriving on domestic flights, along with a Narvesen convenience market.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Brygghuset • Food Factory • Narvesen convenience market (2 locations) • Peppes Pizza.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Ground Floor, close to the luggage carousels. Ring the bell by the outer baggage carousel to contact Securitas. All bags must be scanned before they can be stored. Rate: NOK 50 per 24-hour period. Payment by credit card only.
- Medical Facilities - If you are not feeling well the airport is equipped with a sick room, it is not known if medical services are also available.
- Showers - Location: ground floor, near the toilets. Rate: NOK 50 for 30 minutes. Payment is done using the box outside the shower. Towels can be purchased at the Avinor Service Center (NOK 20).
- Tax Refund - If you live outside Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland, you can claim a refund for the taxes you paid on purchases in Norway. The refund is 13% of the purchase price for food purchases and 20% on other purchases. Approximately 4000 Global Blue or Tax Free Worldwide affiliated stores offer tax refund on departure. Refunds through Global Blue are handled at Travel Value. Hours: 6:00AM - 9:30PM (Mon - Fri) • 6:00AM - 3:45PM (Sat) • 9:30AM - 9:30PM (Sun).
- Water Stations - Fill up your water bottles, after you clear security, with pure Norwegian drinking water at the water stations located airside.
The airport is open 4:00AM - 1:00AM (Mon - Fri) • 4:00AM - 6:00PM (Sat) • 8:00PM - 1:00PM (Sun).
Buses 1 and 4 serve Bodo Airport from a bus stop located next to the main entrance. Both buses run daily from 5:40AM - 1:10AM, with departures every 15 minutes until 6:10PM and less frequent departures all other times. By bus, a one-way journey between the airport and city center takes about 5 minutes. Regional buses are also available from the airport to Fauske, Halsa, Beiarn, Tårnvik, Sortland and Narvik.
For route maps, schedules and fares for buses serving the airport, visit the Nordland Fylkeskommune website.
The following car rental agencies are located on the ground floor of the terminal, to the left of the main entrance: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Taxis are available at a taxi stand in front of the main entrance to the airport terminal. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. A one-way journey between the airport and Bodo city center takes 5 minutes, and costs about NOK 100. A surcharge of NOK 20 applies to trips to and from the airport.
Last Updated: 27 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.