Burgas Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Burgas Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
As the result of a bomb threat at my destination airport I had to stay at Burgas Airport (Bulgaria) for 7 hours in the night. -Klaus-Theo
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Burgas Airport.
What to Expect
- A newly-built airport terminal (called “Terminal 2”) with a small selection of shopping and dining options.
- Shops and restaurants close at night, so if you plan to stay, pack some food and beverages for later!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific spot for sleeping was mentioned, a recent reviewer reported that their overnight stay was a miserable experience. The seats have armrests, the automatic doors let mosquitoes in all night, and airport security did not seem accommodating to sleeping passengers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s comfortable VIP lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Burgas Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Departure 1. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (138,47 BGN for 2 hours).
Free WiFi is available at Burgas Airport in Terminal 2.
If sleeping in Burgas Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Atlantis Residence - (5 min walk from the airport) Airport transfers available upon request. Cost is approx. 6,00€ - 9,00€ each way.
- Hotel Kedara - (5 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Sea Horse Hotel - (5 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Burgas Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - While there is a bank located in the Arrivals Area, it is no know whether there are ATMs. Hours: 8:30AM - 5:00PM.
- Baby Care Facilities - A play area, high chairs, and more are available in the Mother and Child room.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - 4x Change offers currency exchange in the Departures and Arrivals terminals.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available, along with a small variety of retail shops.
- Family Services - The airports provides a "Mother and Baby Room" for mothers to take of young children prior to a flight. Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 1st Floor.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Kid's Zone - An open air kids' playground is located Airside.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Luggage Wrapping - Available for 10 - 15 BGN per piece of luggage. You can also weigh your luggage on the scale for 1 BGN per piece.
- Showers - Not available
- Smoking - It is not clear what the rules are on smoking within the terminal however, Ginger’s Cafe, Landside offers a smoking area.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Bus 15 runs between the airport (Departures Terminal) and Burgas central bus station. At Burgas central bus station, connections are available to minibuses offering service to and from nearby resort town north and south of Burgas, including seasonal summer service to Nessebar and Sunny Beach. Minibus tickets range in price from 1- 10 BGN.
Car rental desks are located on the Arrivals Level of the terminal. The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis, Budget, Easyrent, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, National, Sixt and Top Rent-A-Car.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal, during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.